Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
MRT320,

You'll find extensive aircraft information including aircraft photos and seat plans on out what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
gav008,

As far as I'm aware, the updated long haul service is being introduced as planned from 1st May. Whilst it won't be on the new aircraft, the service will still be rolled out as far as i'm aware. I'm told this includes free Tui snacks mid flight, all seats will have upgraded IFE, ie all passengers will have on-demand rather than looped, branded food and hot drinks as the second meal, branded coffee and hot chocolate (Starbucks) available for purchase on drinks rounds, premium club will get a revamped pamper pack. The amount spent per passenger on food will pretty much double hopefully resulting in better quality meals, although the main meal I find fine at the moment, it's just the second that's not always great but that should be addressed.

Since you'll be flying before me, maybe you can feed back on the new experience? The aircraft for your flight hasn't changed as far as i'm aware.

Darren
Yeah ill give feedback on the new service if nobody beats me to it! :-) do you get pamper packs on the outbound Darren?

Thanks
gav008,

Not in economy club, no.

Darren
Hi

I'm traveling from East Midlands to Cancun on 8th May on flight TOM676 returning on TOM 677 in premium

From seat plan I'm guessing this is an ex FCA 767?

Somewhat unhappy as my group were split up when Thomson re allocated the seats, and completely different from what we had chosen on the 787, to sit together we have ended up in Row 9, which I believe has no window? Thomson have been useless in dealing with us.... but anyway...

As long as the sun is shining in cancun!

Thanks

Dan
danieljames86,

Welcome onboard :tup
EMA-CUN-EMA (TOM676/7) are operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. Row 9 doesn't have a window in the premium cabin. You'll find extensive aircraft informationon our what Aircraft? guide (link below). The premium cabin is relatively compact so even though you are split from your group, it's no like you're at oposite ends of the aircraft. The nature of aircraft seating can make it difficult to seat everyone together, especially with a change of aircraft following the ongoing 787-8 problems.

Darren
Hi again, Dazbo,

we're booked on Tom 6382 from Cardiff to Rhodes on 7th August. What aircraft type will this be please?

Thanks for your time, yet again :)
shirley h,

CWL-RHO-CWL (TOM6382/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Hi All,

Travelling MAN-RHO-MAN TOM2332/3, outbound on the 24/07, inbound on the 07/08. Any ideas what aircraft is expected to operate the route?

Thanks in advance, Stephen
stephen6ht,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2332/3) are scheduled to be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). You'll find extensive aircraft informtion on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Bit of advice please, I'm bring offered premium economy on my flight in may for hardly anything. We already have extra space seats? Is it worth upgrading? Bearing in mind we have pre booked row 20 which is pretty roomy? To put it in perspective they are only asking for an extra 40 odd quid each to upgrade, shall I do it? Or keep extra space seats? Not sure
For £40 its worth it for drinks and luggage allowance alone
Very true, what is the leg room like compared to an exit row in economy? I've never been in premium
Noooobs,

What do you want on your flight? If seat pitch is important, row 20 is the roomiest on the aircraft. Do you need the extra luggage allowance? How many drinks do you normally have? Check on what seats are free, there may not be 2 together and you may need to be seated one behindthe other. If the extras or what you spend on drinks is more than the price of the upgrade, then its worth it. £40 is very cheap. If all you want is a roomy seat and you aren't bothered about the extras, I'd stay where you are as premium economy will only give you 3" extra.

Darren
CWL-RHO-CWL (TOM6382/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Thanks Dazbo, same aircraft as we had going to Sharm- I'm happy with that :) :tup
Hi there, like many others it seems, here's my annual query! Flying Gatwick to Punta Cana, departing 17th May returning 31st May, flight No. TOM050/051. Any idea which plane it's likely to be yet? Ex FCA hopefully.

Thanks in advance for any info.
Liver1965,

LGW-PUJ-LGW (TOM050/1) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Hi Dazbo, many thanks for your speedy response.
hi

can you please tel me tom162 and tom119 man to punta cana which aircraft this will be please

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.