Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Darren. It really makes the flight better.
Hi there can anyone help with which aircraft DSA-AYT Tom498/9. Also could anyone advise if any seats better than others not including extra leg room seats of course!

Many thanks
delly70,

DSA-AYT-DSA (TOM388/9) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including aircraft and cabin photos as well as a seat plan. Seating is personal preference. All seats offer the same seat pitch and facilities, other than extra legroom, so it's whatever you prefer really.The only ones I'd say avoid are the last few rows where the toilets are to avoid the disturbance.

Darren
Information I'm hearing is Thomson Airways have been given a delivery schedule for the Boeing 787-8 as June 2013, no specific date as yet but I'm sure they have one internally. This will mean they should be entering short haul service sometime towards the middle or end of June, July and early August, then entering long haul service sometime mid to end of August. I'll update further as I get it, but good news at last.

Darren
Can you tell me what plane we will be travelling on from Manchester to sharm el sheikh on flight number Tom 836.

Thanks,
Macetheace,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM836/7) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Can I ask, Thomson as we know decided to get rid of IFE on short and medium hall flights. What are the cost savings to them. The reason I ask, I have been doing a bit of research, and Thomson are (if you buy flight only) still more expensive then the low cost carriers, but offer nothing more, or offer less if you take the seat pitch into consideration. What is the incentive to fly with them. A 4 hour+ flight to the likes of Cyprus or Canaries is quite a long flight, especially with kids and also seems to be more expensive with Thomson, and there are no in flight meals or any sort of Entertainment. Are Thomson making considerable enough savings whilst their customer satisfaction scores seem to be dropping, or is this the way all operators are going to go. Look at some of the recent Thomson reviews on various sites, they really are quite poor..
Hi Darren
One of the many requests! Newcastle-Sanford-Newcastle 27th May 2013 return 17th June 2013 (TOM 392/393), do you know the type of aircraft? Thanks.
mulvers,

Welcome onboard :tup
NCL-SFB-NCL (TOM392/3) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
baldyman26,

The cost savings of not providing IFE are significant, especially when you consider surveys suggested it wasn't being watched and many said they didn't want it. It's pretty expensive paying the rights to show films plus the technology used in some of the aircraft, particularly the 757's is pretty old now making it difficult getting the films in the format needed (Hi8 tapes), then there's the maintenance of the systsms. Pricing is another matter! Prices aren't fixed, they are subject to change based on economic forces just like the low cost carriers. While the product offered doesn't really differ these days, airlines will try and get the most they can for each seat. While people pay the prices, costs will stay where they are.

Darren
Thanks Darren, i was being curious that's all, as ever you come up with the answers. Question answered!
Dazbo
Please can you tell me what aircraft will be used on the following flights?
July 22nd 2013 TOM714 MAN/DLM
July 29th 2013 TOM715 DLM/MAN
Regards.
There is also the weight of the IFE system and the cost of the fuel used to carry it. It also requires a lot of engineering time to. keep it up and running. All adds up over the year.
holidaylover,

MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM714/5) should be operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren ,
Ive just seen on another website that Thomson have took delivery of G-DAJC an ex Thomas cook / Condor 767-31KER. is this aircraft going to be used as a spare and is it in long / short config.
Are Thomson still using aircraft from other TUI companies as cover for the delayed 787 .
Grahamy,

As far as i'm aware, TOM aren't sub leasing from TCX. They have a Jetairfly 763 (OO-TUC I think) that's covering short haul flights as well as Tuifly Nordic (SE-RFS) that normally joins the fleet in the summer. Both of these are covering short haul with the Tuifly Nordic also the standby aircraft if there's a problem with a long haul aircraft. The leases of G-DBLA and G-PJLO have been extended to cover long haul and the Jetairfly is releasing an ex-TOM (with seat back IFE) to cover for the other long haul aircraft until the 787-8 are in long haul service, hopefully sometime towards the end of August.

Darren
This was the list that i had seen

Boeing 767 Active with Thomson Airways

Page 1/1

MSN LN Type Delivery date Registration Remark
26063 434 767-35EER 01/11/2008 G-DBLA
26064 438 767-35EER 01/11/2008 G-PJLO
27206 533 767-31KER 26/04/2013 G-DAJC
27392 568 767-324ER 01/11/2008 G-OOBK Stored 10/2010 after landing incident, back in service 12/2010
27393 571 767-324ER 01/11/2008 G-OOBL
27568 593 767-324ER 01/11/2008 G-OOBM
28042 649 767-304ER 26/01/2008 G-OBYD Named: Bill Travers
28208 705 767-304ER 01/02/2008 G-OBYF
28883 737 767-304ER 09/05/2005 G-OBYH
29137 733 767-304ER 09/05/2005 G-OBYG
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.