Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Someone probably edited the wrong page.
Thanks to those who replied regarding my question about the LTN-CFU-LTN flight and the extra legroom on 757s.

Just one more question - I've seen Starbucks being served on longhaul flights now - including Starbucks snacks - is this going to be served on Shorthaul aswell for the new season as I think shorthaul snacks need improvement. I don't mind not having those meals on shorthaul (as didnt like them) but the selection of snacks was not great last year and I think there were a lot of complaints.. Starbucks snacks would be better!

I buy stuff at the airport anyway but it would be great to have a better selection onboard!
SMILEonholiday,

No snacks are served on short haul, only those that are available for purchase. Starbucks coffee will be available for purchase on all flights from May as far as I know. Once the Summer 2013 menu is available, I'll update our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I meant purchase on shorthaul! I knew they didn't serve the snacks but you has to purchase them but found the choices a bit like fast food last year like pizza and chips lol! Would be good if they had some snacks you would find in Starbucks available to purchase instead!
Here's some good news

Thomson Airways announce the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner will operate to Cancun and Florida from 8th July

I've had to remove your post as we aren't permitted to simply cut and paste articles from other websites without consent of the copywrite holder. I've replaced your post with a link to the article. Thanks, Dazbo HT Mod.
Good Morning

We fly from gatwick to aruba in May Tom078 and Tom079 could you tell me what plane it will be I know it will be 767 but not sure what version it is.

Thank for your help

Marie :sun2
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
moo13,

LGW-AUA-LGW (TOM078/9) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Grahamy wrote:
Here's some good news

Thomson Airways announce the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner will operate to Cancun and Florida from 8th July

I've had to remove your post as we aren't permitted to simply cut and paste articles from other websites without consent of the copywrite holder. I've replaced your post with a link to the article. Thanks, Dazbo HT Mod.

:whoops
Sorry about that, thanks for the link
yippee.....so excited, I really thought we would miss the dreamliner flights as we fly at the end of July. Excited does not come close to how I feel.
Good news! Thomson Airways first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner ZA317 (G-TUIA) took to the sky for the first time yesterday and has completed it's first test flight. Subject to how the test flights go, it shouldn't be too long before she's in UK airspace.

Darren
Hi there,

Looking at booking a holiday to Tenerefe and a wondering if you can tell me what type of plane operates the following flights as thsi will influence the flight time chosen

20/06 1355 dep LGW return 27/06 1920 dep TFS Poss TOM4458

21/06 1850 dep LGW return 29/06 0015 dep TFS Poss TOM4562
0745 dep LGW return 28/06 1325 dep TFS Poss TOM4534

Many Thanks
deals1982,

LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4458/9) are operated by Boeing 737-800
LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4562/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800
LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4534/59) are operated by Boeing 737-800

It's makes no difference which flight you choose really aircraft wise!

Daren
Daren,

Indeed it doesnt! tahnk you for the info.

Many Thanks
Hi,

Despite working at JSH I have not been able to ascertain what plane I will have for the below:

11/05/13 - LGW 0640 > 0955 MAH TOM 4672
18/05/13 - MAH 1110 > 1230 LGW TOM 4673

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.
Hi i wonder if anyone could help me with the seat sizes for the dreamliner particuarly the width of the actual seat pad in premium cabin , wife is worried because the seats have immovable arms . what is the difference in the width to the 767 300 we flew on last year we came back on a thomson aircraft with a 2 4 2 configuration in premium with a solid immovable arm rest . thank You for any help .

mrlebon,

LGW-MAH-LGW (TOM4672/3) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
cpclarkes,

You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat pitches, configurations and a seat plan for the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. Seat widths should be the same (~18 inches), if not slightly wider than on the 767's. The configuration in premium club is 2-3-2, the same as on the current 767's. It wasn't premium you travelled in last time if the aircraft was configured 2-4-2.

Darren
cpclarkes wrote:
last year we came back on a thomson aircraft with a 2 4 2 configuration in premium with a solid immovable arm rest . thank You for any help .

If you had 2-4-2 it wasn't premium you travelled, it would of been economy.
Seat widths should be the same (~18 inches), if not slightly wider than on the 767's.

Sorry, I do NOT agree with Darrens comment above.
If one looks at the width of the 767 cabin compared to the width of the 787 cabin – this data is available online from Boeing
– and remember the fact that FCA 767 planes have 7 seats across where the 787 has 9 seats across in economy...
Then simple maths suggests that there HAS to be nearly a 10% REDUCTION in available WIDTH per passenger.
(Unless Thomson have managed to create a fictional TARDIS -bigger on the inside- situation)
OK - the aisles maybe got reduced also, which might help - but no-one is giving real seat width info.
I reckon this advertising hype is out of control.
The Thomson Dreamliner REDUCES overall available WIDTH per passenger compared to the lovely old FCA 767s.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.