Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
You have to purchase an additional cable to be able to do that.
Where do you purchase said cable do they sell them on board?

Very misleading coming from Thomson then
Presumably USB cables? Surely not HDMI?
Thomson has withdrawn all reference to watching your own movies on the 787 in fairness, it is similar to Virgins new IFE offering, you have to purchase a cable. You will still be able to charge your iPhone using the inflight entertainment systems.

I've seen them on various websites. It's not a USB connection, it's an apple connector one end and a round one with lots if pins the other end(not very technical I know)

As the delivery and production dates were getting closer Tui's various suppliers started giving them information on what the 787 could do, not a lot as until they are within 30days of delivery a lot of the information is commercially sensitive. So as Thomson became aware of what the IFE could definitely do and what it needed it amended the information to customers.
I see what you mean now I thought it sounded too good to be true I struggle to get my iPhone to play correctly via my car because it needs two different sets off leads!

Ill have to stick to the on-board movies for now!

You can charge the iPhone via the USB then because I know in the past they have removed reference to this also?

Z.J.C
Yes you can still charge. Well technically only power the device whilst using it, if the crew become aware of you not using the device and just leaving it plugged in to charge it must be unplugged.
Thanks for the info was hoping it could charge the iPhone whilst listning to music.

They don't have the best battery life and need it when I get to cancun for calls.

Thanks
Z.J.C
It's will charge it while your listening. You just can't wonder off or fall asleep with it not playing music/being monitored.
Does anyone know any details about when the 787 dreamliner will start operating out of Glasgow? Thanks.
oblong_91,

The 787-8 entry in to long haul schedule is on Thomson's website. The first flight from GLA is Monday 8th July to Cancun, TOM518/9 followed by SFB the day after.

Darren
Could you please confirm our plane Tom7620/21 BHX 7th Sept think its a 757!!
Thanks
Roger
Rogerdoger,

BHX-PMI-BHX (TOM7620/1) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hello

Could you please tell me which Aircraft Doncaster to Faro Tom3724/3725

Many Thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
delly70,

DSA-FAO-DSA (TOM3724/5) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Hi

Could you please tell me which Aircraft will be used for:

Manchester to Rhodes 21st Sept TOM2658
Rhodes to Manchester 2nd Oct TOM2333

Many Thanks
Hi, can you please tell me what aircraft is used on Manchester to Ibiza - TOM2462/3

Thanks
thoean88,

MAN-RHO-MAN (TOM2658/2333) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
liam12189,

MAN-IBZ-MAN (TOM2462/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.