Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Deana,

It'll probably be the standby aircraft if you've been told there will be a substituted aircraft with no premium, Tuifly Nordic Boeing 767-300/ER. It has the short haul configuration. Enjoy your extra day in the Caribbean.

Darren
All the Thomson site is saying is that the outbound flight is delayed for 24 hours due to the Tropical Storm Chantal -no info on substitute plane....but apparently you didn't see the storm anyway!!
Thanks guys. No storm thank god not even much rain just cloudy and muggy. I will see when I get to airport then.
Cheers
Just looking to see if deana is on her way home finally when I noticed that TOM 126 MAN-SFB(Dreamliner) has turned back to Manchester -Hope its not a technical issue.
Currently in a holding pattern North East of Anglesea, probably burning off fuel for landing weight. At least it can't be serious or they'd come straight in.
And Heathrow is shut as a Ethiopian 787 is on fire ............... nobody on board thankfully...........
Can I ask that we stay on topic please. Any 787-8 Dreamliner discussion, unless specific to Thomson Airways, should be posted on the Dreamliner topic.

TOM126 (G-TUIC) mentioned above air-returned due to a technical problem (thought to have been an electrical problem) landing without further incident after burning off fuel.

Thanks,

Darren
I really like the Thomson Airways write up.
Yes that's ok but how do we get info on the 787 which site is it on as some people will be concerned
Roger
Rodgerdodger,

I'm on my mobile at the moment so can't post links, but there's a dedicated Dreamliner topic on the flights forum if you run a search. Until investigations have been completed and released, there's nothing to suggest there's a problem at the moment. I'm sure Thomson Airways will be informed and take the necessary action, should any be needed. I'll post information on the Dreamliner topic if there's anything to add.

EDIT: The Dreamliner topic is here

Darren
Back home at last!! Thanks everyone. Not as bad as expected the gave us 2 seats each in the 2-4-2 but blimey my backs sore and 28 pitch is tight. At lease no one reclined into anyone else. New premium menu is nice as well. Cheers
757 having problems landing at Cardiff some plane with the same problem?
QATARMAN - 757 with problems?? can't find anything about a Thomson 757 @ Cdf
This it seems is old news happened in June same 757 same problem if you google it .
qatarman,

I suspected as much. It was a flaps problem with G-CPEV on 22nd June that reoccurred on 23rd June. Nothing too major.

Darren
Hi Darren,

We are flying to Cancun from Manchester TOM144 on Sat 20th July, is it too early to know which plane it is going to be. it was G-TUIC this Sat, do you know if it is likely to be G-TUIC again on 20th. Also do you know what the problem was with G-TUIC on its flight to Sanford on Friday.

Thanks,

Chris.
Chriskim,

Aircraft are rotated regularly so its impossible to know this far in advance which it will be. I'll normally know the day before. I posted the problem with G-TUIC in my post near the top of this page. It was just an electrical issue, nothing too major and certainly nothing to worry about. The aircraft was repaired and resumed flights on Saturday morning, as it happens on the flight you'll be on. All aircraft, including new ones have technical issues from time to time.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your quick reply as always. I am looking forward to flying on the dreamliner, whichever one it may be A,B or C.
Just one more question, do you know why G-TUIB is called "Alfie" it doesn't really fit with the other 2 names "Living the Dream" and "Dream Maker", just curious.

Thanks again

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.