Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
andrew99,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM568/9) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
andrew99,

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM568/9) are operated by former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Thank you for such a prompt reply.

Would you know where I can find out about the menu? I have found the listing for the food and drink that is sold, but nothing for the meals that are included in the price of the holiday.

Thanks
andrew99,

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA posted details here.

Darren
Having landed this morning at 4 after a very last minute booking for a week in Turkey I can add to the 757 seating argument. Being vertically challenged (my head can be under water standing up even in the shallow end) I don't normally have any problems but we had the green seats out and inbound and my knees and legs are still sore and stiff nine hours later after a four hour flight.

The blue (more modern) seats which we had a couple of years back to Cape Verde seemed a million times better. If Thomson are going to keep these 757's they need to get the newer Recaros fitted fast.
Hi good afternoon all
Regarding thomson pre book seating

So i gather you can book 90 days before your return flight we are flying premium on the dreamliner
and we are wishing to get the row of 2's

However i can't stop thinking that as we are are going for 14 nights that we will not have a great choice to pick from as those who are departing on the same date as us but staying for only 7/10 or 11 nights these passengers will all have the chance to book there seats before us...

is this how it works or am i missing the mark here

Thanks for any help
Yes thats exactly how it works vodka suntan (great name BTW) however, the fact you are flying long haul, I presume ? means that most other people will also be going for 2 weeks. HTH
Hi thanks for the reply

Oh well fingers crossed then

cheers
The website may restrict you booking because of your return date but the call centre won't. Also worth trying at 95/94/93/92/91 days until you get lucky.
Hi BY-TOM

Ok thats great thanks for that tip
That is around about now then guess ill start ringing cheers
Hi guys

Am traveling on TOM4458/4459 (LGW/TFS) on the 29th August and back on 5th Sept, Looking back through the forum the flight seems to be operated by a 737-800, however when i rung Thomson Airways to book extra leg room seats they said it was a 757-200 with the extra leg room seats being in row 10/11??

Just would like to know if i actually do have extra leg room seats!!

Many Thanks

James
jaycool,

LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4458/9) on your dates of travel are scheduled to be operated by Boeing 737-800. However, if you've phoned and been told it's a 757-200, it's obviously been changed since I was sent the schedule. Rows 12 and 32 are extra legroom on the 752, rows 10/11 are extra space. They haven't got quite as much room as extra legroom but are slightly cheaper and offer more room than standard seats. You'll find further details on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
vodkasuntan wrote:
Hi good afternoon all
Regarding thomson pre book seating

So i gather you can book 90 days before your return flight we are flying premium on the dreamliner
and we are wishing to get the row of 2's

However i can't stop thinking that as we are are going for 14 nights that we will not have a great choice to pick from as those who are departing on the same date as us but staying for only 7/10 or 11 nights these passengers will all have the chance to book there seats before us...

is this how it works or am i missing the mark here

Thanks for any help

I had loads of trouble trying to book seats until I realised the 90 day book ahead related to your RETURN departure time durr!
Regarding the above and given my previous comment - If 7 day and14day bookings have the same flight departures then both can only book seats 90 days ahead. So all is equal. :)
That said I had a senior moment (actually late in from a night out) and checked availability the day before the 90 day window opened -online.
The slot was open and I have my preferred seats both out and inbound to Montego Bay 5th Sept.
Hope this helps.
Regarding the above and given my previous comment - If 7 day and14day bookings have the same flight departures then both can only book seats 90 days ahead. So all is equal. :)
Actually I think the issue is that 7 day hols can book the OUTBOUND seats a week before the 14 day folk who get less choice as a result.

Yes I have to agree: I was only looking outbound -not so concerned about the return!!!.
Good steer for next year - much appreciated.
Lesson learned though - Dont forget to check online early - I never did get an advisory email saying seat bookings had been released.
I will be selecting seats soon when flying on the Dreamliner in PC. Would welcome opinions on which seats to choose when travelling as a couple from those who have already flown in PC.

I know it's personal preference, but I would be greatful for any advice.

Thanks,

gaz
Gaz68,

The best seats for couples are obviously the window and isle seats.

I was seated in 3 A & C which I felt were perfect in all fairness.

I don't know my self if I would fancy row 1 due to the bulkhead in front of you which will restrict the leg stretching space!

The last row on the right hand side of the aircraft has a limited recline due to the toilet behind directly behind it and the last row on the left hand side has the crew seat directly behind it.

After that I would sit pretty much anywhere as there all the same!

They alternative where they start the service as well or they did on my flight.

Hope this helps and enjoy the Dreamliner it was a truly amazing experience!

Z.J.C
But if you booked 3 A & C did you not run the risk that someone else would be allocated 3B and you would've been sat either side of them? Or is there no 3B for some reason?

SM
Hello,

In the Premium Cabin there is no 3B it goes 3A and then 3C with A being window and C being aisle seat.

In economy there is A,B,C

It's just the nature of the cabin configuration
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.