Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Regarding legroom on Row 1 there was more than enough for my husband (who is 6ft) to put his legs out at 45 degrees and he still could not touch the bulkhead. I opted to put my carry-on bag in front of my legrest and laid down both ways watching films and sipping G and Ts. To be honest there were no bad seats in the Premium cabin (apart from 7A which had no window), and even then some people might not want a window anyway.
I might go for Row 1 if it is available when the seat plan opens up. Quite like the idea of nobody reclining in to me to be honest.
gaz68 wrote:
I might go for Row 1 if it is available when the seat plan opens up. Quite like the idea of nobody reclining in to me to be honest.

In the Premium cabin ,reclining isn't a big issue anyway as there is plenty of legroom between rows - not like 28"/29" cattle class rows on short/medium haul!!
I dont think you will be disappointed with any of the seats :cheers feeling very envious right now......enjoy
My preference so far would have to be row 1- right side for couples- as the toilet at the rear means very little foot fall during the flight apart from cabin crew. I would personally avoid 7AC for afore mentioned reasons and 7DEF as although they shouldn't and the crew "police" it the rear premium club toilets gets a lot of use from economy club passengers- so not as peaceful as it should be.
As promised I'm posting about seat availability and not paying to sit together.

We flew out of East Midlands on 28th July to Malaga. We ended up joining the queue a little later than we'd hoped....there were aprox 90 people in front of us. When we checked in I asked about seating and the agent said that seats were allocated the night before, I was perfectly happy with our allocation (a 3 and a 2 including 2 window seats, which is what we like). The family checking in at the next desk over heard the comment about pre allocation and wondered out loud what they'd actually payed for!

So, I still say don't pay and check in early.

Dan

PS just to add, I am 6'3" and pretty long in the leg and I find the 28" perfectly comfortable for a Mediterranean hop!
When you pay to select seats you get to pick the seats you sit in, that is what you pay for.

If you select 28A and B for example, you will get those seats. They are only pre-allocated the night before to passengers who haven't picked their seats.

So if Mr and Mrs Jones pay to select and select 30 E&F 3 months in advance, they will get 30 E&F on check in. If Mr and Mrs Smith don't pay to select seats and say there are 16 seats left that haven't been pre-selected by other passengers, they could be allocated any of those 16 seats the day before (the airlines try to still seat you together).
LadyL2013 wrote:
When you pay to select seats you get to pick the seats you sit in, that is what you pay for.

If you select 28A and B for example, you will get those seats. They are only pre-allocated the night before to passengers who haven't picked their seats.

So if Mr and Mrs Jones pay to select and select 30 E&F 3 months in advance, they will get 30 E&F on check in. If Mr and Mrs Smith don't pay to select seats and say there are 16 seats left that haven't been pre-selected by other passengers, they could be allocated any of those 16 seats the day before (the airlines try to still seat you together).

When you pay, you are paying to sit together. Seat number selection is a free service, and seat numbers are not guaranteed.
Unless your a single traveller and then you pay to select your seat
Hi

Can you tell me which of the MANCHESTER FLIGHTS on15th December 2013 from BGI to MAN is presently allocated the Dreamliner - there are two or three flights that day = thanks - can you give me the TOM number and the current times of tdeparture and arrival please - thanks
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
Unless your a single traveller and then you pay to select your seat

True, but the seat number isn't guaranteed.
HuddersfieldTourist wrote:
Hi

Can you tell me which of the MANCHESTER FLIGHTS on15th December 2013 from BGI to MAN is presently allocated the Dreamliner - there are two or three flights that day = thanks - can you give me the TOM number and the current times of tdeparture and arrival please - thanks

If you do a dummy booking on the Thomson Airways website it will tell you which flight is the Dreamliner service. Under the prices.

http://flights.thomson.co.uk/thomson/en-GB/booking/select?step=SearchFlight&OneWayRoundTrip=RoundTrip&depDay=15&depMon=2013-12&retDay=22&retMon=2013-12&depAP=MAN&retAP=BGI&numAdults=2&numChildren=0&numInfants=0

The search shows it is TOM108/9
Sunaddict wrote:
LadyL2013 wrote:

When you pay, you are paying to sit together. Seat number selection is a free service, and seat numbers are not guaranteed.

It's never guaranteed but 9 times out of 10, you will get the seat number you selected.
Hi ....a bit last minute, but trying to book my seats as I type......my flight is TOM4356 LGW-FUE 2nd October 13 returning 9th October on TOM4357....... best/worst seats.....emergency exit rows......really would like to avoid the wing interrupting view......

thanks anyone for a quick reply
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
tracytreacle1,

Seating is personal preference, it's whatever you prefer. All seats are much of a muchness on the 737-800 apart from extra legroom seating (that are located over the wing, rows 15/16 and at the front). There are no best or worst seats as such, it's subjective. If you don't want the wing in the way, head towards the front or rear, eg front 8 rows or rear 7 or 8 rows.

Darren
:) Checkin this morning for tom2538 to Ibiza and find plane changed with no notice from 737 to 787 Dreamliner...
So no complaints!!!
Hi,

Just a question about hand luggage please.

Do Thomson weigh your hand luggage at check in only, and not airside before boarding?

I'm asking just in case I buy toiletries and magazines once through security and my bag gets a bit heavier.

Thanks.
cagzy,

It's 50:50 in my experience. Sometimes it's weighted at check-in, sometimes it isn't. If you were thinking of taking the risk and exceeding you limit, I would be very careful. I've never had it weighed at the boarding gate though.

Darren
Thanks Darren, unsure what to do! Have you ever seen any getting weighed at the boarding gate?

It's currently within the weight (and size) limits, in fact it's exactly on the dot!, but I'm wondering if I could buy heavy-ish toiletries and put them in it once I'm through security.
  • Edited by cagzy 2013-08-23 12:27:33
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.