Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren hope you can answer my question someone from the seatguru forum on tripadvisor pointed me in your direction, we are flying out from east midlands in the UK to Cancun TOM348 flying out june 1st and TOM349 flying back june 21st. We have booked extra leg room seats and we can choose our seats, does you know what plane i will be on so i could see the seat plans or have any reccomendations on what are the best seats to choose? and would you reccomend upgrading to premium? Thanks in advance for your help
Darren,

Hi, newbie on here and just after a bit of info on our trip next month. Flying LGW-HOG-LGW Out on the 28th FEB Ret on the 14th MAR 2011.

Are these ex FCA a/c or Thomson a/c?

Also is OOBK back up and running?

At the moment am booked in seats 9 A&B in Premium so hopefully the whole arkfly thing is finished which I presume was for OOBK being out of service in BRS?

Understand some of the 767's do not have a window at row 9, which ones are these?

Many thanks

Ant :)
paulandhelen,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. I can't say if it'll be an ex-Thomsonfly or First Choice airraft at the moment (I'll know from May), but I suspect it will be an ex-First Choice. If it has a 2-3-2 configuration thoughout when you choose your seats, it's an ex-FCA. You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). There aren't any best seats. They all offer the same facilities in their respective cabins so it's ultimately personal preference. Personally, I prefer the extra legroom seats over the overwing exits on the ex-FCA 76W as you don't have a bulkhead infront of you, but that's just me (row 20 or 28 depending on the assigned aircraft). Again, the premium upgrade is personal preference. You have to consider the cost and think if it's value for money for you. You are only getting an extra 3 or 4 inches of seat pitch (if it's only room you want, you'll get better value from extra legroom seating), drinks are complimentory rather than free (you've paid for the premium cabin), you only get an extra 3kg of checked-in luggage, priority check-in / baggage is ok but you still have to wait for everyone else, you can upgrade to the premium IFE for £5 in the economy cabin if you want to watch those films, etc. I'm not saying it isn't good or worth it, the cabin experience is probably the best of the charter operators, but that's for you to decide. Given that the economy cabin is excellent in my opinion, I'd rather save the £200+ and put that towards the cost of a nicer hotel and get the benitif of that for 1 or 2 weeks, or activities in-resort. That's just my opinion though.

Darren
ant3294,

G-OOBK has been back in service since 9th December 2010. Please post flight numbers when requesting aircraft information as there are often several flights. It ensures we get the correct information for you. LGW-HOG-LGW (TOM094/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. None of the ex-FCA's have a window on row 9 (last row in premium).

Darren
Hello Darren

BHX-CUN-BHX (TOM568/9) 18 Jan again [3rd Jan @11:37].
I have been offered rows 26, 27 or 28 AB seats. They look like over the wing which seem OK but do they have windows? I'd hate not to be able to look out.
Otherwise seats nearer the back (38-42) which would be noisier.

Thanks for your help
1150beemer
1150beemer,

Yes, those rows have windows. 26-28 are at the rear of the wing root but as it's a swept-wing aircraft, you'll still have the wing in view. You'll have a limited view of the ground. The seats towards the back aren't really noisier, but there is more disturbance due to the galley. If you want an unobstructed view of the ground, they would be better.

Darren
Hi Darren thanks for the previous reply.

Another couple of questions if you don't mind.

We flew to Orlando in September with Thomas Cook and were stuck in the middle of the plane because we had an infant. Apparently it's because of where the extra oxygen masks are. Will it be the same with Thomsons on the 767 going to Orlando onthe 21st. I only ask because I love a window seat for the view and to lean against for a kip.

Also is the Ife an on demand system or do you only get that with the £5 upgrade?

Thanks
Billy
Greygat,

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA is better placed to answer that, but I believe there is an extra oxygen mask on every row. I think they are in the centre seats, but I couldn't be 100% sure, hence the restiction with online seat selection. The IFE is only on-demand (AVOD) if you pay the £5 upgrade. It's standard in the premium cabin.

Darren
Hi There,

I am flying to La Romana from LGW on 10 April 2 weeks Flights TOM 060 and 061

Please can you let me know what plane I will be flying on and from which terminal (The south?)

Thanks

Sx :cheers
honeymooner2011,

LGW-LRM-LGW (TOM060/1) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Thomson Airways operate out of Gatwick North.

Darren
BHX-CAN-BHX again

So would you recommend rows 38 & 39? Full view of ground & all seat facilities, i.e. 33' & proper recline etc, not too close to the galley or toilets?

Cheers
1150beemer wrote:
So would you recommend rows 38 & 39?

Seating is personal preference. What one passenger likes, another may not. In terms of seat facilities, 38/9 are no different to any other row in the economy cabin. You'll get a good view of the ground from that row, although you'll have a huge 11ft tall API blended winglet abeam of you (about £0.5 million worth!). Disturbance wise, you'll have cabin crew going up and down but you get that anyway. I've sat at the back of many aircraft and personally, don't find the foot traffic up and down the isles distracting. A pair of noise cancelling headphones see's to that plus I'm always by the window!

Darren

PS: That reminds me, I need to replace the batteries in the headphones for March :tup
Hi Dazbo,
Was just wondering what exactly the API was for that we have to fill out.
Thanks Racegirl3075
racegirl3075,

API is Advanced Passenger Information. It's been around for a few years and is an enhanced security procedure. The details you submit are passed over to security services and checked against a list containing known threats. If your name and other details match a known suspect or someone on a threat or no-fly list, you may be stopped or prevented from flying. More details on Thomsons website. It's nothing to worry about, it's their to protect aviation and the general public.

Darren
Ah, ok, thanks Dazbo! Only 17 more days to go! Just waiting for the IFE to be posted up so I can plan my viewing!! Yay! x x :cheers
Thanks for your quick reply, i think we'll just stay with the extra leg room seats and as you say spend the extra money on other things during the holiday. We just want to try and get the extra leg room seats that are not behind a bulk head or near the toilets as i need to stretch out being 6ft 4.
hi Darren - can you tell me what type of plane flew to cuba on 22/11/10? it was a thomson flight(booked holiday through firstchoice) and the flight no. was TOM094 out of gatwick. the plane was supposed to have a seat pitch of 33in but it certainly did not seem that to us. we flew on the same holiday last year but on a firstchoice plane and there was much more room. the seat configuration was 2-4-2. there was also no premium cabin on this flight.
thanks
Hi Darren,

Many thanks for your help in the past ...... need your help again!

Am enquiring on behalf of someone else, afraid I don't have flight numbers. Flights from Cardiff to Sharm - Will the aircraft be a 757 and will the IFE be with drop down screens in the aisle?

Also, we are flying from Gatwick to Sharm on 23rd Aug (know it's early to enquire) but am I right in assuming the aricraft will be a 757? Also, we have booked extra legroom seats, and wish to book the sames seats we booked before which were located towards the rear of the cabin behind the bulk head, but am unsure of the row number ..... think it may have been row 32????

Many thanks,
Pat
bushbaby,

The aircraft used to operate TOM094/5 on 22/11/10 was G-OBYD. This is a short haul configured aircraft and was a change from the original aircraft as Thomson Airways was an aircraft short at the time. This was due to a landing incident the month before that damage the aircraft and grounded it.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.