Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

We are flying to Sanford from Gatwick 16th April - 30 April TOM070/71 on the Dreamliner. Can you advise if there any restrictions with Seats 23 ABC & 24 ABC? First time on one so want to pick the best seats available.

Cheers

Gav :)
gbailey141,

What do you mean by restrictions? There are none that I am aware of being standard economy seats.

Darren
Sorry Darren maybe I didn't explain..I have heard some only have 33" pitch and some don't have windows...

Thanks for your quick response tho.

Gav
gbailey141,

All that information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Only row 37 doesn't have a window. 'Only' 33" seat pitch is still more than you'll get with many of the scheduled carriers and is more than enough for most. The rows you've selected are standard seats with 34" seat pitch.

Darren
Thanks very much for your reply Darren. Much appreciated as always.

Gav
Hello,

Does anybody know what aircraft is going to be operating TOM2166/7 MAN-IBZ-MAN on August 9th/23rd?

Many thanks
TCX_Flyer,

MAN-IBZ-MAN (TOM2666/7?) are normally be operated by Boeing 767-300/ER (short haul).

Darren
Cheers Darren, I gathered it would be that or the Dreamliner due to the longer turnaround.
TCX_Flyer,

787-8 are only used on long haul.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Can you clarify what aircraft will be used ......

TOM4428/4429 LGW-Kavalla 4th Sept-18th Sept

Many thanks,
Pat
pat,

LGW-KVA-LGW (TOM4428/9) should be operated by Boeing 757-200, but I can confirm it closer to the time.

Darren
Hi Darren, can you tell me which aircraft we will have
TOM 867 CUN- NCL Apr 22nd. Looks like an ex Thomsonfly. Any reason why they use this rather than the ex FCA that we came in on? Just curious.
Thanks
Angela.
Thomson Airways are to provide complementary drinks in both classes from November 1st and increase their IFE offering substantially to align their long haul product with both Virgin Atlantic and British Airways holidays.

It's been a long time comming.

New service will be offered from November 1st 2014
seedy2,

It's probably the transition between the seasons and aircraft maintenance. It makes little difference really, both are comfortable aircraft although many prefer the 7 abreast seating over the 8 abreast. It's still the same IFE and seat pitch though. Don't worry about that, just enjoy your holiday!

Darren
But there are less Premium seats on the ex Thomsonfly -so there will be some unhappy passengers on the return (unless Thomson told them in advance)
Thanks Darren.

Brewerdave,
I had these thoughts too. Hopefully, I'll keep my seats. I have booked 2AB.
seedy2, we flew out to Dominican Republic last year ex firstchoice in seats 3FG.
same seats booked for return flight. the night before we were due to fly home we were informed the plane had been changed and there would be no premium seats at all.
when we got to the airport we found out we were flying home on Thomson plane, we got to sit in premium seats we had booked, but anyone booked in seat rows 6-9 were seated in economy,
there was some very unhappy passengers even more so when the inflight entertainment worked for some and not others
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.