Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Thanks BY-TOM-AMM-FCA :tup

I struck a deal with Thomson agent so that I only had to pay half the cost to pre book seats so I will book 2 window seats 90 days before the flight, I presume I don't want to be booking seats on rows 30-40 then?

Graham

Definitely not! Go for the middle cabin, something from about row 15 to about 30.

Darren
I'd say got for rows 6-14 as you'll get served your food and drinks quicker and the cabin tends to be less noisy and has less traffic passing by. You'll also be off quicker as Jamaica disembark and board at the very front doors. Row 7 is a good choice as any. Row 12AB/GH can be bothersome for people queuing for the toilets, 12CDEF is bitterly cold from the doors.
Hi All/ Darren
I haven't been on here for a couple of years sorry,
We are going to Cape Verde Boa Vista on sept 10th ( a long way off I know) :rofl
I can't seem to find out which plane it will be, we just wanted to see the seating plan for the plane
It's flight no TOM734 Birmingham - Boa Vista we have purchased the extra legroom seats 4 adults
Thank you in advance for any assistance
Lyn :cheers :) :sun2
lynsgotasecret,

BHX-BVC-BHX (TOM734/5) are operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find a seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) along with extensive aircraft information.

Darren
Thanks BY-TOM-AMM-FCA / Darren :tup

I will try and go for those seats as soon as the 90 day seats become available.
Hi Darren,

Am flying out to Punta Cana from LGW on Tues 10th June (TOM044) This morning I went on the live departure board for Gatwick and the only Thomson flight that was showing up was TOM030 or 300 with same departure time as our flight. Curious as to why our flight number wasn't showing on departure board?

Thanks,
Pat
pat wrote:
Hi Darren,

Am flying out to Punta Cana from LGW on Tues 10th June (TOM044) This morning I went on the live departure board for Gatwick and the only Thomson flight that was showing up was TOM030 or 300 with same departure time as our flight. Curious as to why our flight number wasn't showing on departure board?

Thanks,
Pat

It's still winter season at the moment, and the summer season flight numbers are different.
Thanks Sunaddict.

Do you have any idea when they switch over to the summer season flight numbers?

Regards,
Pat
pat,

The summer season starts at the beginning of May. The last winter season flight is 29th April as TOM030/1. It becomes TOM044/5 for the summer season on 6th April.

Darren
Manys thanks Darren:-)

Regards,
Pat
Hi,
Can you supply details of TOM2300 13th May MAN - FUE returning 3201 21st
Thanks G
gav008,

I'm assuming you want aircraft type? MAN-FUE-MAN (TOM2300/1) should be operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Thanks Darren.

Incase anyone didn't know from Nov 2014 Thomson will be providing complimentary drinks to BOTH cabins. Soft, alcohol, tea & coffee drinks are all free when they pass through the cabin completing drink services. Premium will continue with the current service offered.
Even less reason to pay Thomson's overinflated "Premium" prices!
gav008,

Already posted by BY-TOM-AMM-FCA 2 weeks ago. Details here.

Darren
For those in the know -has G-OOBL ,one of the two remaining ex FCA 767s, been retired earlier than scheduled? Noticed that it hasn't been used for ~ 1 week by Thomson and they seem to be regularly using G-OBYG.
Also, any reason for all 3 Thomson long haul flights ex LGW today to be delayed? I know one aircraft has been catching up on a big outbound delay since earlier in the week.The nearer I get to departure date ,the twitchier I get about delays :rofl
brewerdave,

G-OOBL was retired on 19th April, earlier than originally scheduled. It was ferried from Birmingham to Shannon on the 19th after it's final revenue flight.

Darren
Hi Darren,

We are flying from Manchester to Corfu on 11th July 2014 (TOM 2572) returning on 25th July 2014 (TOM 2573)

Both flights are on 767-300's and I have just pre booked seats both ways but notice configuration of seats is different going and coming back. I have booked seats on row 15 going (TOM 2572) and row 11 coming back (TOM 2573) and both ways these appear to be adjacent to toilets with extra leg room. Can you confirm if this is the case please.

Many thanks
Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.