Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Dazbo,
Oh man hope your right although the seat config was 3-3 as I've just checked in.....! Fingers crossed though and thank you for your time.... :cheers
Have paid to select my seats and it is now open since I've reached the "90 day from return date" point.
And I can successfully login and see the aircraft seating plan.
But when I try to select my seats it refuses saying that the "selection is invalid" because the window seat is unoccupied.
Which is total RUBBISH!
I'm a single traveller and I actually am trying to CHOOSE the window seat - and only the window seat in both directions.
This system did work in the past, I've used it many times before - but Thomson don't seem to be able to operate a reliable website. They really do need to hire some skilled, qualified website designers, since their seat allocation system has been plagued by various problems for many months.
Had EXACTLY the same problem in May -system wouldn't let me book unoccupied window seat on 787 -altho' there were 2 of us -only let me book the middle and aisle seats!
Hi ukbill
Try email to cares@thomson.co.uk they may be able to help just send your booking ref.
Sorry if you have already tried this but they, for me, been able to check details !!!
Good luck I know its worrying and they don't understand that.
Roger
Hello was wondering about checking in online with Thomsons or checking in as normal , but as we need to check in from 06-15 on monday august 4th wondered if the bag drop queue is worse than the queue for premier check in and worthwhile doing , thank You for any help you can give us xx
petaraven,

Either or should be quietish at that time of morning so whichever you prefer.

Darren
We prebooked seats with Thomson and have to check in online or our seats together aren't guaranteed. (Or at least thats the way I read it)
Does this mean we have to check in online for the return flight too? My daughter has a smartphone, but from previous experience I know the wifi signal at our hotel is diabolical.
You can usually check in for the inbound flight at the same time as your outbound, and print boarding passes (or confirmation of check in) for both.
Hi ,We (four ladies) booked a holiday to Lanzarote last February with Thomsons flying out of Doncaster on the 13th November 2014. Just by chance I found out that the flight had been cancelled .I phoned my T.A. (Thomsons) who were unaware of the cancellation. They in turn phoned head office who agreed that the flight had been pulled and were in the process of letting their customers know. Still haven't heard from Thomsons officially. We have rearranged flights. I know that because of their Terms and Conditions we are entitled to zero compensation. As you appear to have most of the answers to most topics I would like to know exactly when this flight was cancelled.The flight number was tom 3412 leaving Doncaster at 0725 on the 13th Nov. returning on the 20th tom 3413. I feel that Thomsons are not being completely honest with us.
Tour Operators notify cancellations in departure date order, so if it's only just been cancelled they probably won't have got to mid November departures. Thomsons will notify the agents, and the agents then notify their customers.
Hi Darren.
Any idea why Thomsons cancelled flight going out of Doncaster to Lanzarote on the 13th November this year?flight number tom3412 .Would also love to know when the decision was made as I found out before my travel agent They had to phone head office for confirmation !!
Hello

Travelling on 27th July from Manchester to Larnaca with Thomson.

The flight is down as exFCA763 and I'm wondering if anyone knows if they let you use the seat back TVs on this route?

Thanks
Zjc
z.j.c,

For the short period they're being used on short haul, I don't see why not as the system is installed and all the material uploaded although it's not standard on short haul flights to provide it, it may just be the flight maps.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
z.j.c,

For the short period they're being used on short haul, I don't see why not as the system is installed and all the material uploaded although it's not standard on short haul flights to provide it, it may just be the flight maps.

Darren

Thanks Dazbo

Do you know where the decision came from to use the exFCA on short haul?

I remember you said it would be exTOM but seat plan is 2-3-2.

Thanks
z.j.c,

I'm not privy to that level of information. It's only for a short time frame as they leave the fleet soon (G-OOBM at the end of July). They are just being used in the interim in the busy summer period while the newly delivered 787-8's come online then they leave the fleet.

Darren
z.j.c wrote:
Hello

Travelling on 27th July from Manchester to Larnaca with Thomson.

The flight is down as exFCA763 and I'm wondering if anyone knows if they let you use the seat back TVs on this route?

Thanks
Zjc

Wouldn't think they would use it as they would have to issue headphones??
Hi Darren, you seem to be the man in the know so thought I was register and ask :)
Me and the missus are flying out from Manchester to larnaca on 03/08/14 with Thomson on what I believe is a B767-300ER judging by the seating plan. The only window seat with one next to it was row 40, do you know if this has a window view? I am really hoping so, been a while since I have been able to get away and I have a slight obsession with planes since..forever! haha.

Thanks in advance for any reply

Kris
kris86,

welcome onboard :tup
Row 40 should have a window, yes.

Darren
You sure mate? Found a few posts on google that say the ex first choice aircraft don't have windows on rows 9, 17 and 40. If your sure i'll take my choices and not ring and try and change. I also heard that they have reduced leg room and no seat recline, even though me and the missus are both 6ft I will put up with this to have a window! hah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.