Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
iankitch,

G-OOBM retires at the end of this month. G-OOBL is remaining on fleet for a bit longer.

Darren
Many thanks Dazbo. Didn't want bumping out of extra space seats by change of plane.
Ian
Hi Dazbo
We are booked on TOM 168 on 7th Feb 2015 on a P and O Cruise charter to Barbados. Do you have any ideas as yet if it will be Dreamliner? Thanks

Ian
iankitch,

It depends what has been asked for. It probably will be, but no guarantees.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo, thought I read that before but couldn't find it.
Ian
Hi Darren

we are flying TOM314 LGW-SSH-LGW on 6th August on the Dreamliner

Can you tell me where the flight arrives in from? It has only been operating for two weeks and was delayed 1hr 30 on its first flight and 3 hours yesterday,

Cheers
Samcal,

Welcome onboard :tup
It should be inbound from Punta Cana (TOM044/5), possibly Aruba (TOM012/3).

Darren
Thanks Darren

Hopefully I will be able to track it in now.

Do you know why both flights have been so delayed so far?

Cheers
Samcal,

Delays happen for all sorts of reasons and not always the fault of the airline. They appear to have been late inbound flights.

Darren
i saw the Tom 174 flight to Cancun was G-TUIB but the one returning Tom 175 came back late into Manchester was G-TUIC . what happened to cause the switch in planes and to make it late any ideas anyone xx
petaraven,

It's not unusual for aircraft to be swapped at destination in order to rotate them through different airports for maintenance etc.

Darren
Anybody know what has happened to TOM049 back from Cancun to Gatwick. Our friends are there and they said the flight has not just been delayed but cancelled.
Hi neavsie,

Not sure if this is the same flight, but have been reading on FB that the flight departing from East Midlands this morning turned back 3hrs into the flight and landed at Manchester. People from this flight have since been put up in the Britannia Hotel overnight and have been told the flight will now depart at 9am tomorrow morning, but not on the Dreamliner.
neavsie,

The aircraft had a technical problem while operating the TOM644 (G-TUIE, hydraulics) and had to air-return to Manchester to have it fixed. This is having onward impacts to other flights on that aircrafts rotation.

Darren
TOM048 (G-TUID) arrived in Cancun but the aircraft returned as TOM643 to Edinburgh,so presumably today's outbound aircraft taking the delayed holidaymakers to Cancun will return as TOM049 to LGW. I feel their pain as the same thing happened to us a few years ago en route to DR - we turned back 3 hours into flight and spent the first night of our holiday in the Hilton at Gatwick!!
Wonder if the "cancellation" of TOM049 yesterday was done early enough to allow the Gatwick bound passengers to stay in their original hotels -or were they already en route to Cancun??
They are still in the hotel, enjoying the all inclusive!
neavsie wrote:
They are still in the hotel, enjoying the all inclusive!

:tup
Hi Darren,

We are doing STN - RHO TOM5644 next month, which is on a 738.

Just wanted to confirm the rows that have no window is row 11?
LadyL2013,

Around 9 and 11, yes.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.