Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
calabonagirl wrote:
LadyL 2013 I went on MY BOOKING and it wouldn't let me change it I thought it had, as I could pick different seats but couldn't go any further with it so a quick phone call to Thomson and got it sorted. Maybe you should double check, would hate you to be disappointed.

We got an email confirmation to confirm our new seats.

How odd that we could....
LadyL2013, at least we are both sorted and happy with our chosen seats now.
We are flying on TOM2744 Manchester to Hereklion in September and have been watching punctuality on Flight Radar. Every week it has flown departure has been late,( today 53 mins, average about 38 mins now), does anyone know if there is an underlying problem. The plane arrives from either Rhodes or Kos at about 2am giving a 6hr turnround. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
iankitch,

Delays happen for many reasons, some of which are out of the airlines control. For example, there are extra security checks at the moment and its peak holiday season. That has caused a few late departures as has weather. An hour delay isn't all that much of an inconvenience although not ideal.

Darren
Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply Darren, did you manage to confirm that the 112/3 man-pun-man 24/11/14 & 08/12/14 were Dreamliner flights?

Was wondering if you've experienced this aircraft yet? We've booked seats with extra space and are leaning towards row 10 we think! any words of advice?

Rockhopper88,

Yes, they should be 787-8. Seating is personal preference. what One person likes, others may not. Row 10 are as good as any others.

Darren
Hi Darren didn't factor in all other things after doors actually close. Average arrival delay is only 9 mins with some flights arriving early. Still aiming to be at checkin for 5.30, get rid of luggage then holiday begins.
Ian
Hi Darren,

We are due to fly to Punta Cana from Manchester on 13th Nov 2014 TOM142/3 and we thought this would be on a 767 as we thought the flights on the 24/11/14 TOM112/3 were also on a 767. Have these been changed since the arrival of the latest 787's. They still show as 767 on the Thomson website.

Thanks as ever for your help.

Chris
chriskim,

I'll be able to confirm things closer to the time.

Darren
Hi Darren,

We are flying MAN-CUN 20th November TOM186 / TOM187 on the Dreamliner (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

Select your seat is opening soon and we have booked standard economy seats only.

I believe there are a few standard rows near to the front of the economy cabin which have slightly more legroom than others - can you please tell me these row numbers and if there are any we should avoid which have no window, etc.?

Thanks,

Caroline.
cagzy wrote:
Hi Darren,

We are flying MAN-CUN 20th November TOM186 / TOM187 on the Dreamliner (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

Select your seat is opening soon and we have booked standard economy seats only.

I believe there are a few standard rows near to the front of the economy cabin which have slightly more legroom than others - can you please tell me these row numbers and if there are any we should avoid which have no window, etc.?

Thanks,

Caroline.

I think the seats you're referring to are row 10 which are exit and bulkhead seats. and rows 11-13 Seats A/B/C G/H/J. Both are also sold as extra legroom seats and both incur a supplement.
Thanks very much for replying Sunaddict.

So if I pay for extra legroom seats, I don't necessarily have to choose the exit row?

I don't like the tray etc in the armrest, so would rows 11-13 have normal seatback tv's and trays as they aren't an exit row?

Thanks.
cagzy wrote:

So if I pay for extra legroom seats, I don't necessarily have to choose the exit row?

I don't like the tray etc in the armrest, so would rows 11-13 have normal seatback tv's and trays as they aren't an exit row?

Thanks.

Yes, they're just normal seats but with a couple of inches more legroom. They are popular though, because anyone can sit in them, so families often opt for them.
Sunaddict wrote:
cagzy wrote:

Thanks.

Yes, they're just normal seats but with a couple of inches more legroom. They are popular though, because anyone can sit in them, so families often opt for them.

They are also more expensive than the exit row extra space seats!
brewerdave wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:
cagzy wrote:

Thanks.

They are also more expensive than the exit row extra space seats!

Not on longhaul.
Thank you for the replies.

Thomson are quoting £65 per person for extra legroom seats, and they did actually say that children are not allowed in any of the rows of extra legroom seats.

Can I just check, I've read that rows 11-13 are welfare seats - does that mean if I purchase extra legroom seats and book somewhere in rows 11-13, we may get moved on the day if they are needed for welfare?

Thanks.
Sunaddict wrote:
cagzy wrote:

Thanks.

....I'm getting a bit confused now -I'm almost certain that when we booked earlier this year for Cancun (travelled in May) they were showing both extra legroom and extra space options for Dreamliner flights -just did a dummy booking for next Spring and there only seems to be the option for extra space seats and in the info. panel they describe them as next to a bulkhead or exit -what's happened to the extra leg room seats??
:que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.