Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
brewerdave wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:
cagzy wrote:
Thanks very much for replying Sunaddict.

So if I pay for extra legroom seats, I don't necessarily have to choose the exit row?

I don't like the tray etc in the armrest, so would rows 11-13 have normal seatback tv's and trays as they aren't an exit row?

Thanks.

Yes, they're just normal seats but with a couple of inches more legroom. They are popular though, because anyone can sit in them, so families often opt for them.

....I'm getting a bit confused now -I'm almost certain that when we booked earlier this year for Cancun (travelled in May) they were showing both extra legroom and extra space options for Dreamliner flights -just did a dummy booking for next Spring and there only seems to be the option for extra space seats and in the info. panel they describe them as next to a bulkhead or exit -what's happened to the extra leg room seats??
:que

Both exit/bulkhead and rows 11-13 are classed as extra space seats. It's clear on their website when you click on the link on Extra Space seats when you're booking.

"These include seats that are close to, or next to, emergency exit doors, behind a bulkhead, or behind a dividing wall. If you fly in one of our 787 Dreamliners, they may also be located in the first 4 rows of the Economy Club cabin. Seats with Extra Space are only available for adults and children 14 years and over to book in advance, but we may allocate these seats to families with children if the seats are not located in an emergency exit row. Emergency exit row seats are only available to passengers who are able to move quickly and operate the emergency exit without difficultly if necessary in line with European Aviation Safety Authority (EASA) regulations."

Edit - it's quite clear when booking flight only, but the package site isn't as clear.
cagzy wrote:
I have purchased them now with Thomson, and my email confirmation describes them as "Seats With Extra Space", if that sheds any light? I do hope they allow me to book rows 11-13 if available, as I really don't want rows 10 or 30, and the helpful man on the phone did say I could book rows 11-13 with what I'd purchased.

See my reply below your post.
Thank you for the clarification Sunaddict :)
Hi All
Does anyone know if you get fast track pass with premium seats at Newcastle for NCL-CUN?
I usually go from Manchester and you do get it there with PE seats but it's years since I went from Newcastle to Cancun and if memory serves me I didn't get it there (and they stopped on the tarmac at Manchester to refuel for 2 hrs but now there is a direct flight - yippey!)
Cheers in advance
Deana
deana,

You should do but it's only £3 if not.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I'm off to Thassos in a couple of weeks from Gatwick. Will I be able to purchaser a Fast Track pass? Have checked on the Gatwick site, but can only find it available if purchased with a lounge or obviously flying PE.

Thanks,
Pat
pat,

Its by invitation only at Gatwick as far as I know, ie those with lounge access.

Darren
Thanks Darren - I'm sure I can stretch to £6 for us lol x
Hiya,

We have just booked Manchester to Marrakech 15 th September to 25th September flight TOM 730 returning TOM 747. I have reserved seat 11a and 11b on both flights. Could you tell me if they are full window seats please.

Many thanks,

Anne ;)
Can anybody tell me which destination is the longest Thomson fly too? We went to Pacific Coast with Mexico and it was 11 hour 15 minutes (which was excellent)
Any ideas why G-TUIE was parked up on the apron late last night at CUN?
Didn't fly back Glasgow as scheduled - anything to do with engine gear problems recently?
BA also had a 24h delay, glad we were on Virgin!
Neavsie,

PVR used to be the longest but I now beleive its Phuket.

Darren
Thanks. The time out was excellent but we find it long!
Hi,
I am booked on the TOM 052 LGW-CUN on 22nd September, does anyone know what 787 it will be yet?
Also I notice today that the same flight has a 9.5 hour delay and is scheduled to leave at 18.45 this evening, where is the aircraft delayed from, will it come in from the same destination before my flight?
Thanks in advance.
Simon
Query :

Some time ago we booked five seats on the Thomson Dreamliner to Cancun. I'm taking my mum who is disabled and requires assistance to the aircraft. Thomson were brilliant, and allocated Mum and here friend medical seats on Row 11,seats D & E which are middles seats. The rest of our party paid extra and booked row 10 DEF which are directly in front of Mum so we could be together. Do these seats(row 11 ) have ex legroom for Mum,as we were told they are specifically for welfare needs ? We tried to get us all along row 10,but were told special needs passengers are not allowed to sit in this row which has confused us all slightly ?
Whomenever wrote:
Query :

Some time ago we booked five seats on the Thomson Dreamliner to Cancun. I'm taking my mum who is disabled and requires assistance to the aircraft. Thomson were brilliant, and allocated Mum and here friend medical seats on Row 11,seats D & E which are middles seats. The rest of our party paid extra and booked row 10 DEF which are directly in front of Mum so we could be together. Do these seats(row 11 ) have ex legroom for Mum,as we were told they are specifically for welfare needs ? We tried to get us all along row 10,but were told special needs passengers are not allowed to sit in this row which has confused us all slightly ?

Row 11 are extra legroom seats. They're not reserved specifically as welfare seats. Anyone that has opted for extra legroom seats can book them. Row 10 is the exit row.
Row 11 is sold as extra leg room but is also allocated as welfare seats when needed, I am not aware of any instance when someone has been moved out after paying to accommodate a welfare passenger. However (I'm no expert in this matter) Thomson would be required to move you out to accommodate them by disability law if not sitting in those seats meant not being able to travel. Disabled travelers can sit in row 10 there is absolutely no restriction similar to exit rows as it has a bulkhead, the person you spoke to was wrong in that however row 10 would not be free and would be chargeable to sit in and not allocated automatically as a welfare seat, row 11 is.
Simonk1983,

Welcome onboard :tup
Specific aircraft aren't assigned to a route or airport, they are rotated pretty much weekly for maintenance and operational reasons so it's too far in advance to know which specific aircraft you're likely to be on. I'll know the day before. The aircraft operating your flight normally comes in from Puerto Plata (TOM096/7), sometimes Cancun (TOM022/3). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.