Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Thomson 787's
7548 Posts
That is the norm for any airline, only able bodied passengers are permitted to seat in emergency exit rows. this does not include overwing or secondary doors/exits.
Whomenever wrote:
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
Row 11 is sold as extra leg room but is also allocated as welfare seats when needed, I am not aware of any instance when someone has been moved out after paying to accommodate a welfare passenger. However (I'm no expert in this matter) Thomson would be required to move you out to accommodate them by disability law if not sitting in those seats meant not being able to travel. Disabled travelers can sit in row 10 there is absolutely no restriction similar to exit rows as it has a bulkhead, the person you spoke to was wrong in that however row 10 would not be free and would be chargeable to sit in and not allocated automatically as a welfare seat, row 11 is.

The travel rep who told mum this information said the reason she could sit next too the rest of her family on row10 was that "only able bodied passengers were allowed to sit near an emergency exit" ? Thomson customer service allocated mum and her seat before we got ours via the phone. We paid extra (£65) for legroom on Row10 seats DEF, mum and Carer for mum had nothing to pay for row 11 seat D&E,hence the query ?

Seems a bit odd ?

Both rows 10 and 11 are extra legroom rows, so both are sold at a premium. You paid for row 10, but row 11 seats were allocated to your mum and carer as welfare seats, so they weren't charged for them.
Hi , can anyone advise what aircraft Thomsons are planning to use for Flight TOM722 Glasgow - Jamaica on 6th Jan 2015 ??
Thanks
Smurf1873,

It's likely to be a Boeing 787-8 but i'll be able to confirm it closer to the time.

Darren
Thanks very much , its all confusing as Glasgow Airport announced hte route as being a new Dreamliner route but Thomson advised it would be a 767 , thats why i asked here
Smurf1873

We are also on that flight, Thomsons originally said it was a Dreamliner which was part of the reason we booked it, however they have now changed that information and state they are using the ex Thomsonfly 767s for Jamaica this comming winter.
all very strange , would like it to have been the Dreamliner but i will survive in a 767 i'm sure , however my local Thomson TA has advised that the aircraft to be used won't be confirmed until 90 days before the flight , so i suppose it could still be either aircraft
Ok, thanks for the help everyone,have no reason to doubt what your saying. However,I rang Thomson this afternoon to try and put Mum at ease even though she is more than happy to sit wherever and this is what they (Thomson customer service) are saying about welfare seats on the dreamliner.

' Welfare seats onboard our new 787 aircraft are on the following rows. Row 11 seats EDF only,Row 12 seats DEF only. These seats are not extra legroom seats,they are standard seats put aside near the exit for welfare passengers only. In the event no welfare passengers need these seats,they will be sold as Economy seats.

:que Don't shoot the messenger please.
Whomenever wrote:
Ok, thanks for the help everyone,have no reason to doubt what your saying. However,I rang Thomson this afternoon to try and put Mum at ease even though she is more than happy to sit wherever and this is what they (Thomson customer service) are saying about welfare seats on the dreamliner.

' Welfare seats onboard our new 787 aircraft are on the following rows. Row 11 seats EDF only,Row 12 seats DEF only. These seats are not extra legroom seats,they are standard seats put aside near the exit for welfare passengers only. In the event no welfare passengers need these seats,they will be sold as Economy seats.

:que Don't shoot the messenger please.

No shooting lol. Sorry, my bad. Thomsons are right. Rows 11-13 are extra legroom, but it's only seats A/B/C and H/J/K. D/E/F/G are standard seats.
No probs,apparently the Dreamliner seats are rather spacious,even in economy. Mum has lost part of her lower leg and cannot walk more than a few paces unaded,Thomson are giving Mum help with getting onboard,we just wanted us all together but when we went online the only seats left on row10 was EDF.

Cheers anyway.
TUIE is out of service waiting for an engine change. This is not very good for a brand new plane, first the left one goes wrong with gearbox trouble and then the right one goes kaput.

I had a car once which went wrong all the time. It's very annoying.
Hi
Can someone tell me where TOM644 (EMA-CUN) flies in from?
luv2travel,

It should be TOM866/7 from Cancun - Newcastle. It positions down to EMA to operate the flight that morning.

Darren
Hi I am due to fly to Orlando from East Midlands on 25 September and it is supposed to be a Dreamliner flight but I have noticed that a lot of this route is having the old 767 on it instead of the Dreamliner as this is being put on other routes. I appreciate that one of the dreamliners is out of action at the moment. What are the chances of getting a Dreamliner for this flight or is there a high chance that it will be the cramped 767. Also can you tell me what happens to the seats that I have already paid for and booked (not premium just normal).

Thanks
loz1967,

Welcome onboard :tup
The broken 787 is back in service today so everything should be fine by the time you travel, hopefully! Technical issues are unpredictable though, even on new aircraft so there's always a chance the aircraft will be changed at last minute. Don't worry about it though, it might never happen. If seats need to be changed, they'll normally be refunded although you'll be given an equivalent seat as far as possible so it won't be all that much different to what you booked for the most part.

Darren
Hi,

Can you tell me what aircraft will be used for Manchester to Antalya Tom450/451 on 25th Sept and the seating layout please.

thanks
Littlebit,

MAN-AYT-MAN (TOM450/1) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.