Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
topofthetower,

It was pretty good in star class economy on the 767's to be fair. Better than most airlines in my opinion. I'm sure you'll not have any problems.

Darren
hi, i am travelling from manchester to barbados on 21 december 2014 on TOM 108 and returning on 4th January 2015 on TOM 109 does anyone know what kind of aircraft these flights are please? Thanks
rkaur,

Welcome on board :tup
MAN-BGI-MAN (TOM108/9) are operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks Darren, thats really helpful, i have a feeling it might be the 767 as i asked thomas cook if it was going to be the dreamliner (heres hoping) and they said no, all the seats seem to have got booked really quickly so me and my partner are now on two seats together on the aisle in row 21 and 27 on the way back, as i am going to be five months pregnant when travelling i was just abit worried about leg room, inflight entertainment etc but hopefully will be ok. i'd be interested to hear from anyone whose done a similar thomson charter flight from manchester to barbados (picking up thomson cruise in barbados on arrival) travelling in late dec for 2 weeks. I'm not the best flyer so any info that might be helpful would be much appreciated, thanks Rach
rkaur,

The cruise charters are normally 787's but that depends what the contract this year asks for. Thomson are ahead of the game when it comes to economy seat pitch and IFE so you've nothing to worry about. They've been my charter airline of choice since 2006. I've done 14 hour flights with them so you'll be fine to BGI! Have a look at our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You'll find lots of information and photos, including cabin and seat photos.

Darren
Hi Darren.

Do you know if the East Midlands to Barbados on 8/11 for a P&O cruise and return on 22/11 be a 767 or 787 Dreamliner? Sorry I don't have flight numbers.

Dave T
Thanks. Hoping for an ex FCA with the 2-3-2 config.
Hi.

TOM 168 Seat plan shows 2-3-2 so should be Ex FCA.
What flights will the aircraft be operating prior to this so I can track it and identify which plane it will be.

Thanks

DaveT
Hello

Would anybody know when the IFE for Thomson long haul on the dreamliner is to be updated to the winter schedule. Noticed that the latest IFE info goes from Aug-Oct.

Thanks for any help
Sleeper,

I'll update it as soon as I have it.

EDIT: Now updated.

Darren
Hi Sleeper,

Check out Trip Advisor ..... IFE for the winter season has been posted on there a couple of days ago.
pat & Dazbo

Thank you very much for the updates and info.
Hi,
Flying Man-Barbados cruise charter 23/jan/15. Tom 116 have been told this is a 767, is this an ex first choice or Thomson fly.? any ideas on the best window seats.?
screwy,

It should be ex-FCA. There are no 'best' window seats, it's personal preference. All seats offer the same basic facilities. You might want to avoid rows 14-29 if you don't want the wing in view.

Darren
Thanks Darren. i'll bear that in mind when the seat booking window opens.

I take it that not all the ex fca 767's have been withdrawn.?
screwy,

G-OOBL/M remain in the fleet.

Darren
Just a quick point. We have already booked (for next May!) and instead of the incessant emails about upgrading, I actually had a phone call yesterday from a "live" person at Thomsons asking if I wanted to upgrade to extra legroom or seats together (apparently it was a special offer). Seeing as it's just a (fairly) short hop to the Med, we aren't that bothered.

After going with Thomsons 6 times in the last 3 years is this a new marketing ploy ?
scoop,

No, I've had emails and phone calls about this in the past. It's nothing new.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.