Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
If you are travelling on the 787 the extra space seats are not worth the extra money. The 'normal' seats seem to have the same space and legroom.
denny.53 wrote:
If you are travelling on the 787 the extra space seats are not worth the extra money. The 'normal' seats seem to have the same space and legroom.

..sorry to disagree ...but if you are over 6' tall and have any problems with your legs, the extra couple of inches makes a distinct difference, also you are less likely to get the people in the row behing objecting when you recline on a Night flight!!....and doesn't cost anywhere near as much as Premium Economy. ;)
denny.53 wrote:

The extra space seats in rows 11-13 (A/B/C & G/H/J) have 2" more seat pitch. Exit and bulkhead have quite a bit more pitch, it's just that with bulkhead you've no seat in front to stretch your legs under.
Travelling to Punta Cana on TOM156 on 27.07.15 will this be the 787

Regards
We were in 13A&B outbound and 30A&B inbound and noticed no difference at all. :que
Row 30 is the exit row?? Sitting opposite the crew seats? Tons of room on B/C - but don't think that A is sold as ELR because of the bulge on the door?
Yep row 30 is exit row. There's masses of legroom but as brewerdave says, A/J aren't sold as extra space because of the door, but there's still plenty of space.
http://s560.photobucket.com/user/peterreadfamily/media/DreamlinerExtraspacerowrestrictedseating.jpg.html

13A/B have 2" more seat pitch than standard economy seats.
Hi Darren,

Can you shed any light on what route the aircraft operates on the TOM112 prior to it? Thanks
Rockhopper88,

Your aircraft comes in from Cancun (TOM186/7) or Montego Bay (TOM136/7).

Darren
I like the extra legroom seats on the 757s. I flew in them to Sicily this year and have booked them to Santorini next year.

The last time I flew on a Thomson 757 in the green seats without extra legroom, I'd got cramp even before takeoff!

But they will only keep these seats as long as people book them. I've got a feeling most passengers only go on the lowest price possible. American Airlines found this out.
I flew in the 757 ELR seats to Corfu last year -they were all full -but no way of knowing how many had actually paid for them :que
yesterday we were asked if we would like the extra leg room seats for Nov 20th flight for £1 :que
Rogerdoger wrote:
yesterday we were asked if we would like the extra leg room seats for Nov 20th flight for £1 :que

Suggests the flight isn't full -and they are desperate to get as much income as possible :rofl
This is my point, it seems like they are selling them off cheap. So not many want to pay for the extra legroom but will complain anyway!

Use it or lose it. I reckon we'll lose it.
brewerdave wrote:
Rogerdoger wrote:

Suggests the flight isn't full -and they are desperate to get as much income as possible :rofl

Not sure how that ties in with them ringing me some 6 months before we are due to fly ?
Sorry Darren put this in another topic by mistake...
It seems that the P&O charter Man-BGI is now a 787---TOM116 is this correct.?
screwy,

MAN-BGI-MAN (TOM116/7) are currently showing as a Boeing 787-8 on the schedule.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.