Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi
Is it possible to find out what plane I should be looking out for when at the airport so I know if the plane is delayed. How would I find out where "our" plane is coming from?

We are flying TOM124 Manchster to Goa on the 10th December 2014

I have the flight radar app and wondered if I could track the particular plane prior to us getting on it? Does that make sense!

Thanks
Hi
Is it possible to find out what plane I should be looking out for when at the airport so I know if the plane is delayed. How would I find out where "our" plane is coming from?

On a PC the Flightradar24 application just plug in TOM124
You should see a screen then like this.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tom124/

Then next to the aircraft type 788 you can see the plane ID – something like G-TUIF.
Click on that ID on this screen and it will take you to a list of previous flights which looks like

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/g-tuif/

That then will give you some idea of where your plane may be coming from. However planes are rotated quite often so checking close to your flight date should give you the most accurate result.

Or you could ask Darren for best accuracy!!
ukbill wrote:
Hi

On a PC the Flightradar24 application just plug in TOM124
You should see a screen then like this.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tom124/

Then next to the aircraft type 788 you can see the plane ID – something like G-TUIF.
Click on that ID on this screen and it will take you to a list of previous flights which looks like

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/g-tuif/

That then will give you some idea of where your plane may be coming from. However planes are rotated quite often so checking close to your flight date should give you the most accurate result.

Or you could ask Darren for best accuracy!!

Thanks very much. I bought the app for Android so will help pass away the airport waiting times.
Sleeper,

I'm away at the moment, I'll check your flight when I'm back.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Sleeper,

I'm away at the moment, I'll check your flight when I'm back.

Darren

A well earned break I hope.

Thanks very much for the help.
Sleeper,

The inbound flight for yours is TOM148/9 to/from Cancun.

Darren
Thank you Darren.

Very nice of you to do that.
Could you tell me were the inbound flight comes from for Tom 536 to Cancun out of Birmingham 29/12/14 please ?
Whomenever,

Your flight positions in to BHX early morning to operate the flight, it doesn't have a flight immediately before it.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Whomenever,

Your flight positions in to BHX early morning to operate the flight, it doesn't have a flight immediately before it.

Darren
f

Thx

Do you know were it's being positioned from by any chance ?

:que
Whomenever,

It'll be Manchester or Gatwick with the look of it.

Darren
Was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this...

Flight numbers tom112 man - puj 24/11/14
Tom113 puj-man 8/12/14

I have just had an email through reconfirming our seat numbers. We originally booked 3gf o/b and 1g/f I/b.
The inbound has now changed to 2gh... Assuming the only aircraft capable of long haul with a h seat in premium is their short haul configured 767. With no premium section.

I've just spoken to their pre travel services and she confirms that we still have premium seats on both legs.

I am utterly confused. I understand that aircraft change change for maintenance etc please help!

Thanks
Rockhopper88,

MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM112/3) are scheduled to be operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER (G-OOBM normally). I'm not privy to any last minute changes though.

Darren
Looks like the hubby might get a better outside view than usual then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's still BM!

Thanks
I am led to believe that it's an ex-Tom v3 aircraft on my inbound, and that in premium it's missing the F seat. Confusing as seat guru doesn't show it like that! Didn't fancy 9.5 hours in 28" seat pitch.

Thanks for your help Darren.
Rockhopper88,

Seat guru isn't accurate. I wouldn't worry. I've done up to 12 hours in the what is now the short haul configuration when it was the norm prior to 2008. It's not great, but bearable.

Darren
Thomson now state on their website that from next summer Premium Club will include access to airport lounges in the UK, does anyone know which lounge they'll be using in Manchester?
Curious to know what airport lounges they are giving access to?
Hi Darren

Can you please advise what aircraft will be used for the following flights Man-TFS TOM 2762 28th Dec 14 returning on TOM2763 11th Jan 15

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.