Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The flight is important part, I would avoid certain flights depending on aircraft type, I would avoid a certain UK airlines business cabin on their A330's or a certain Middle East carriers 777's in economy.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Bob82,

BHX-ACE-BHX (TOM7121/2) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Are you basing your travel plans solely on the aircraft type? Surely the most important part of your holiday is the destination?

Darren

No, the holiday is the most important, I just find the 757-200 very cramped, do bhx operate 767-300 from bhx on short haul flights?
Bob you can get extra legroom seats on the 757, I've booked them for my trip to Santorini in July for a wedding (not mine).

I love the 757, I like to look out of the window and see the RR logo on the engines and it gives me pride that they are made by friends of mine in Derby.
The 757 is also a very safe plane, there are more wheels so the braking is better than a 737. I really love the take offs from a short runway, they go like a fast sports car.

When I book my holiday I chose a 757 and want to take off from Skiathos' very short runway before they all get taken out of service.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Qman,

Given TOM only operate Boeing aircraft, it wasn't hard to work that out!!!

Darren

Shhhh, I was hoping to keep that quiet!!!

By the way there is a list somewhere of the routes Thomson are using the 787s on short haul from LWG and MAN. But sadly not to Santorini.
Qman wrote:

When I book my holiday I chose a 757 and want to take off from Skiathos' very short runway before they all get taken out of service.

I've watched landings at Skiathos airport on you tube , looks quite an experience for a day out plane spotting !!
So do boeing 767 operate from bhx on short haul flights in summer?
Me thinks your pushing your luck Bob 82
What operates on 20th August from bhx to Pfo. Don't know flight number
Bob82,

All flights from BHX to PFO are showing as a 752 or 738.

Darren
Am I right in thinking ema only operate 737-800 on short haul flights
just noticed on flightradar todays Thomson London Gatwick to Bridgetown Dreamliner (TOM60) was redirected to Manchester having taken off but turned around sometime after passing french mainland.
Is 2730 operated by a boeing 767 in summer time
Bob82,

It was in summer 2014, I've not had confirmation for summer 2015 yet.

Darren
Hi Darren,

I don't suppose you know the aircraft operating on 4th July 2015 MAN/PMI TOM2606 and TOM2607 PMI/MAN 11th july.

I've seen the short haul 787 list and PMI seems to have two a week from Manchester... Hoping this is going to be one of them!

Thanks,

Steven
Hi,
We are going to Barbados for the first time, to go on a cruise, on the 6th March from Manchester. We are on a Thomson flight TOM116, which I believe is the Dreamliner - can someone please confirm this. Also, we have seats H & J in row 38, are these OK?
Tongester,

welcome onboard :tup
Cruise charters are indeed operated by Boeing 787-8. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal preference. The seats you mention are as good as any others in economy. The row in front (37) doesn't have a window.

Darren
Iceteaste,

Welcome onboard :tup
I'll be able to confirm it closer to the time.

Darren
:) Darren,
Thank you for your welcome and response. Nice to know that I have not picked duff seats - my first choice was further forward but at back of wing, which I was worried that might obscure the views.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.