Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Darren

Have u any links to pictures of the extra legroom seats on Thomson 737-800. I've looked everywhere and can't decide between extra space and extra legroom.

Cheers
hi
could you tell me wich aircraft will be on the man to punta cana route on the 16th of feb 15 :( :(
Hi nato,

Afraid I can't help with the pictures, but we booked row 15 (Extra space Seats) on the 737-800 last Sept. Both row 15 and 16 are extra space rows and are over the wing next to the Emergency exit windows. These seats are only available to book if over 14 years of age and the legroom was great (believe seat pitch was 34") ... would certainly book them again.

Regards,
Pat
Cheers which ones best do you think 15 or 16? I understand 15 doesn't recline.

Cheers
nato8835,

Seating is personal preference. The seats on 15/16 are the same but as you say, 15 don't recline as it would impede the exit from row 16.

Darren
falstab,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-PUJ-MAN (TOM112/3) are listed as operated by Boeing 767-300/ER. However, I believe the long haul 763 is being retired soon so it may now be operated by Boeing 787-8 as TOM get it's 7th 787 (G-TUIG)delivered today to replace it. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi - I wonder if anyone can tell me which aircraft I will be flying on Luton to Paphos on 6th May 2015 - flight number is TOM 5326.

We have prepaid for exit row seats and I would like to have a look at the seat plans for when I can go online to reserve these.

Thanks very much

Joolz
  • Edited by JoolzB 2015-01-30 13:51:27
JoolzB,

LTN-PFO-LTN (TOM5326/7) should be operated by Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including a seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Hello

Just a couple of questions!

We are due to fly to Punta Cana from Gatwick on 1st May. We are booked in premium and due to choose seats soon. Before I do that I heard a rumour that they are changing the IFE from arm rests back to seat in front therefore hopefully stopping the problem of getting stuck in your seats when the row in front reclines. Do you know when this is happening and will it be completed by 1st May? Otherwise I might try for row 1.

The 2nd question also stems from another rumour!! Access to lounges as part of premium packages? Is this so and if so, any info please?

Many thanks
Watford Travellers,

I'm not sure about the seats but I'm told they'll be in service from May 2015 and it'll be seat back IFE with greater recline. Lounge access should be part of the premium upgrade from May as should fast track security where available.

Darren
Seating is personal preference. The seats on 15/16 are the same but as you say, 15 don't recline as it would impede the exit from row 16.

I’m sorry but I’d like to take Darren to task.
Several times he’s said that seating is just a personal preference.
I really don’t think that is true. If anyone has ever been stuck in the non-recline seats just in front of the emergency exits I’m sure they will agree.
These truly are the “seats from hell” – if you end up with an unthinking “maximum recliner” in front of you for the whole flight duration, (and there are lots of these people), you will NOT enjoy your flight.
You will have the doubtful pleasure of someones head a couple of inches from your nose for many hours, you will breathe their dandruff, you will lose the use of any seatback IFE, and your seat table will be useless.
You will not enjoy a meal – if in fact you can even manage to eat it. And drinking is virtually impossible and downright dangerous with hot drinks.
These seats need to be flagged up for every plane type, and completely AVOIDED by all folks reading HT.
Hear hear ukbill, I once sat on one of these seats, not on Thomson and the bloke in front reclined. You can't even read a book or the paper. It spoilt my flight.

On short routes seats should not recline. I admire Ryanair for that, everyone has the same space.

On long haul there should be an announcement saying when reclining is allowed. As for row 15, well they should get extra legroom if they can't recline.
Hi

Could you please tell me the type of aircraft flying from Manchester to Punta Cana on March 5th, flight number TOM142,

thank you

Peter

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
A 767 according to Thomson website.
Yesterday my son and his family flew from Manchester to Montego Bay. He assured me he was going on a 787, but I thought it would be the First Choice 767.

I found out that it was the 767 and e-mailed him to ask how his dreamliner flight was! He replied that it was the worst flight he'd ever had. He said the plane was full of drunken Gipsies going to a wedding in Jamaica.

Passengers should be made to behave on flights, or prosecuted and not allowed to fly again.
Just come back from barbados on tom109 which was a first choice 767 - awful plane, freezing cold with wet carpets where air conditioning had leaked all over! No tv for 9 hours and paid extra for this miserable plane for the premium seats! :(
Hi

Please could you advise on the aircraft for the following Gatwick to Dubrovnik

Depart 11 June TOM4422 6:00
Return 21 June TOM4765 11:45

Thanks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.