Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
georgep1311,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM626/7) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
We fly Newcastle to paphos on 26th august TOM1364 , please can you tell me what type of aircraft is usually used?
Hi Darren - a friend is flying from Manchester to Puerto Plata on March 9th. Can you confirm that the plane will be the Dreamliner please?
b4ley78,

NCL-PFO-NCL (TOM1364/5) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Helen T,

Assuming the flight numbers are TOM156/7, then yes, they're operated by Boeing 787-8.

Darren
I think the last First Choice 767 OOBM has been retired. She flew from Manchester to Luton on Feb 9th and hasn't flown since.

My son's flight from Montego Bay to Manchester was on the 787 TUIG, the new one. I hope he enjoyed it after his poor flight on OOBM, although it wasn't the plane's fault.
Further to my post about removed flying to a wedding in Jamaica.

On the outbound flight they were milling around the cabin and generally misbehaving. One person was smoking in a lavatory and put the nub end into the waist paper bin. The pilot came on the tannoy and said if the smoking didn't stop they would land at the nearest airport and also that he had let the police in Jamaica know. He also said that the one thing that frightened him on a plane was fire. A man was arrested when they landed.

What sort of people smoke in the lavs and put a fag end in a paper bin?

My son said that the cabin staff were scared to do anything to stop the bad behaviour. This sort of stuff should not be allowed at all. What are Thomson going to do about it?

Post edited by Dazbo HT Mod
Qman,

I think your post needs to be sent to Thomson rather than posting it on here, and probably from your son who was on the flight and experienced it rather than yourself. While I share your concerns about passengers behaving in this way, of which there is no excuse, what would you propose the airline did? Once you're 7 miles above the Atlantic, there's not a lot you can do other than keep the peace and ensure the safety of the aircraft and it's passengers is maintained. Upon landing, it can then be dealt with by local police as it seems was the case here.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Do you know of anywhere that has the updated 737-800 seat plans with the extra legroom seats, do you know where the extra legroom seats are located on the 738

Many thanks
Shionhughes
Shionhughes,

I've not seen a copy of the updated seat plan. If you have your booking details and have chosen to select your seats, you can view it on Thomson's website. The seats are towards the front of the aircraft.

Darren
hi Darren
can you help with plane we will be flying on

TOM7704 TOM7705
Hi Dazbo
Someone told me that the Dreamliner is flying to Majorca this year, is this correct?
Yes, the 787 is flying to selected short/mid haul destinations from Gatwick in a short haul configuration (325 seats instead of 291) these include Cape Verde, Tenerife, Dalaman,Heraklion and Majorca others too but I can't remember off the top of my head. I've also heard a long haul configured 787 will be doing selected short haul flights from Birmingham - this is not confirmed and may have changed.
Top-timm,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please provide all your flight details when requesting aircraft information. Aircraft can change throughout the season so we need to know dates of travel, where you are flying from etc.

EMA-LCA-EMA (TOM7704/5) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
hi

We are on TOM108 on 12th April 2015 from MAN to BGI to go on a Thomson cruise - it appears from the seating plan that the plane is a Dreamliner - seating plan shows 3 -3- 3. With 7 rows in Premium and the toilets in there on the 7th row that reinforces my view of the Dreamliner. The reasons I am puzzled are
a) The flight was a 767-300 - has it been changed or is the seating plan wrong on flight extras ? Is this route each sunday on TOM 108 running a Dreamliner please at the moment ?
b) when you go on flight extras there are no premium seats or extra leg room seats to pick and pay for but if you go through to the flight as a separate booking as part of the cruise package you can still pick both - there are said to be 17 premium seats and 3 extra leg room seats. Why would there be such a discerepancy - surely ,either there are seats in say extra leg room or there are not ?

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.