Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes, several Manchester 767 flights have had to be changed to a 787 for operational reasons. The difference in seats is probably (I'm assuming here) due to the difference in premium seating capacities and one of the systems hasn't been updated.
Hi, I've read a few times that the Thomson 737 fleet is getting a 'cabin refresh'
Do any of the experts here know what the 'refresh' entails? Also if these improvements are likely to be done for the Summer season?

Thanks in advance
I've booked a holiday Manchester-Sharm el Sheikh, could you let me know the type of aircraft planned to operate my flights please:

11.6.15-25.6.15
TOM572/3

Thanks very much
have heard that Thomson are altering the seats in the dreamliners something about moving the entertainment screens from the armrests to seat back and removing the larger armrest it was stowed in ,has anyone heard about this please , am flying to Mexico this summer and wasnt looking forward to that large armrest made getting in and out of seats awkward . thank You
Hi petaraven,

Check out Trip advisor .. lots of info on there regarding the updated PE seats on Dreamliner.

Screens in row 1 still remain in the same place (out or arms rests) and according to people who have recently travelled recently on the DL in row 1, there is no longer a foot rest in this row! Rows 2 onwards in PE ... IFE is now seat back although I believe the armrests are still the same? Check out youtube as there is a recent video on there of the new seating ... posted on the 23rd Feb
About 4 aircraft have already been changed. The armrests are different as they were the main problem. They are still fixed, but no longer protrude beyond the end of the seat. The IFE is seatback apart, from Row 1 which remains the same on a pull up arm. There are no foot rests in Row 1. The footrests in the other rows are like pedals which you pull down.

New seat design http://tinyurl.com/p9qm7m7 although not in Thomsons colours etc.

Video showing PE cabin and new seats http://tinyurl.com/q86ddum
jmac wrote:
I've booked a holiday Manchester-Sharm el Sheikh, could you let me know the type of aircraft planned to operate my flights please:

11.6.15-25.6.15
TOM572/3

Thanks very much

Hi, I just wondered if anyone has access to the information above please.
Thanks in advance.
jmac,

I'm in Mauritius at the moment, I'll let you know when I get back.

Darren
Hi

Just booked on flights TOM 2174 and TOM 2175 MAN - BOJ - MAN. 14/09/2105 and 22/09/2105, can you let me know what aircraft they are planning on using? I have searched online but cant find anything.

Thank you.
mozza6910,

I'm in Mauritius at the moment so will check when I'm back on Monday. probably a Boeing 737-800 but ill check it for you.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
mozza6910,

I'm in Mauritius at the moment so will check when I'm back on Monday. probably a Boeing 737-800 but ill check it for you.

Darren

Lucky you Daz, hope you are having a great time. :sun2

Paul
Hi all,

Im travelling fr BHX to Cun 20/04/15 on TOM536 and TOM727 returning on the 06/05/2015...

Any chance of finding out if this flight will be operated on a refurbed plane???? weve booked premium club seats and im intrigued to experience the difference to when i flew back in 2014 to Florida

Thanks

Danielle
Darren is away at the moment, but I'm not sure he'd be able to tell you which aircraft is scheduled so far in advance. The premium cabin seats should all have been changed by 1st May though. The main differences are the centre armrests no longer protrude past the end of the seats, and apart from Row 1, the IFE is seatback.
Thanks for replying Sunaddict

..... Im aware of the changes, was just excited to know if we will be lucky enough for a refurbed plane for 20th April flight out.....

Danielle
No one will know for definate, Thomson Airways will have an idea which one will be used this far out but a number of things will change it. Aircraft registrations are changing for this weekend with very little (no)disruption. Someone on here may know on 19th.
mozza6910,

It's listed as a Boeing 737-800 as first though.

Darren
jmac,

TOM572/3 are looking like a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
hiya - can you let me know what aircraft thomson will be using for flight from gatwich to hurgada on 11th may ( TOM770 & return TOM771
Many thanks

gregg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.