Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thank you for the reply, we will be travelling to Cyprus Larnaca. We should know next Monday which aircraft when we book our seat numbers.
Can anyone give me some advice on booking extra legroom seats? My parents are travelling to Sorrento in early September and flying with Thomson as part of a Riviera package tour. Is it possible for then to book extra legroom seats in advance - how should they do this and how much might it cost? We are also flying with Thomson soon (Manchester>Salzburg) as part of an Ingham's package so I'm interested in this as well!
Corinne76,

There are extra legroom / extra space seats on the flight. There are two options; speak to Inghams and see if they offer the extra legroom seats through them (first point of contact I'd suggest) or call Thomson direct with the flight details and book them direct with Thomson.

The flight details for the MAN-Salzburg flights are as follows;

Wednesday: Flight numbers TOM2346/7, Boeing 757-200
Saturday: Flight numbers TOM2670/1, Boeing 737-800

Extra space seats are approximately £65 return.

Darren
This question has probably been asked many times but can anyone please explain the logic of the 90 day seat reservation system?
It does work ok if you are only going for one week but if its two or more they inform you that the flight is not open for another week or two or three etc but it must be as the one weeker's can book which discriminates against any passengers booking for more than one week thus reducing your select your seat options.
Why o why can they not book the seats on a first come basis we all know which aircraft are on which route yes they do have to change from time to time but that still happens even after seats have been reserved
:que
Rogerdoger wrote:
This question has probably been asked many times but can anyone please explain the logic of the 90 day seat reservation system?
It does work ok if you are only going for one week but if its two or more they inform you that the flight is not open for another week or two or three etc but it must be as the one weeker's can book which discriminates against any passengers booking for more than one week thus reducing your select your seat options.
Why o why can they not book the seats on a first come basis we all know which aircraft are on which route yes they do have to change from time to time but that still happens even after seats have been reserved
:que

It's an unfair system, made even more unfair by some call centre operators allowing people to book seats early. Thankfully this year they do seem to be clamping down on it.

It used to be 90 days prior to each flight, which makes complete sense. Thomsons are 'looking at it', but they've been saying that for over 12 months, so I'll not be holding my breath :really
Hi Darren

can you please advise on the type of aircraft for the following flights

05.07.15 MAN - TFS 2776
19.07.15 TFS-MAN 2777

thanks
james 84,

MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM2776/7) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
On the seat booking its 90 days from your Return Flight !!!!! not from your outbound flight so if you are returning on say the 20th it should be the same for 7/14 day holidays or am I missing something??????
Anyone going to Cyprus on Tom 2700 on the 6th of September it will be the Dreamliner 787 that is allocated to that flight.
Hi qatarman the flight thing, yes you are missing that if you have booked a one two three week holiday you will all fly out on the same flight but the passengers that have booked the three weeks (or more) cannot book there flights, as you say until 90 days from return date, thus allowing the one and two weekers first choice of the seats, sorry not very good at explaining but believe me it is totally unfair.
It actually did happen to us a few years ago when we had booked select your seats only to find on the 90 days no seats together left and that was a Barbados flight :que
Rodgerdoger.
Maybe I am having my thick period but if the return flight date is the criteria and if the 7/14/21 day pax are flying home on the same flight same day then all are equal the only explanation is pax are getting round the 90 day return flight rule. We are travelling to Cyprus for 14 nights being joined by friends 7 days later who are on the same flight home as us their 90 day rule is exactly the same as ours. I fully agree that it needs looking at but as it stands not much can be done.
Difficult for Thomson to take seat numbers at the time of booking as they are not sure which type of aircraft will be operating the flights.
If you check earlier posts I asked Darren which aircraft his system showing a 767 however we have been told its a Dreamliner.
I thought scheduled flights already had aircraft's assigned to them. At least the appropriate size for the trip.
qatarman / jeffspen,

Its not uncommon to have a type change post scheduling. In this case, you're getting a roomier more modern aircraft. While the configuration may not suit your needs specifically, it should at least be a more pleasant trip.

Darren
Hi Darren.
The wife is over the moon its the Dreamliner me as long as I get an aisle seat not too worried what it is only interested so I can advise the wife on the seat numbers.One thing I do not understand is how are the Premier Seats on the Dreamliner Allocated???
Hi qatarman
Its not the return flight that is the problem its the outward, its probably me as I say I am not very good at explaining but theoretically if your were going for 90 days you could only reserve your seats the day before you leave so they could all be gone but you would be first with the return flight :que
Anyway congrats on getting a 787 our Sep hol is a 737 but we do (hopefully) get the Dreamliner in Feb :)
qatarman

If for eg you fly out on 25th May for a week you return 1st June seats bookable from 3rd March (I think)

If you go on 25th May for 2 weeks return date is 8th June so seats bookable from 10th March. If you got for 21 nights you return 15th June so seats bookable from 17th March, and so on.

Plenty of complaints around from people travelling for 3 weeks that struggle to get seats together on the outbound flight.

If they want to keep the 90 day rule put it back to how it used to be. 90 day from the date of each flight.
qatarman,

Premium seats are sold as extra legroom.

Darren
Thank you Darren.
I have just booked our seat numbers and was surprised to see that on the seat plan it shows Premium Cabin is still 3x3x3 same as Economy the seat plan I had for Thomson Dreamliner shows 2x3x2.?? We did pay for extra Leg room.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.