Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Dazbo!

Not flown since 2012! Wow! Anyways I'm flying from LGW to TFS on 24th Nov on TOM4200 and returning 1 week later on TOM4201. Any ideas on aircraft used?
Flying to Cancun on tuesday 11th august on flight 168 could you tell me where the plane comes into manchester from ,thanks
Hi Darren maybe you can help been watching TOM 2700 Manchester to Larnaca over the past weeks and the equipment on this flight is switching between 787 and 767 our seating plan is for 787 have you any idea why this is happening every 2 weeks or so.
Noticed also that it is 99% late departure every Sunday up to 45mins??
racegirl3075,

LGW-TFS-LGW (TOM4200/1) should be operated by Boeing 737-800, but I can confirm it closer to the time.

Darren
petaraven,

The preceding flight to TOM168 is TOM174/5 from Cancun.

Darren
Have been told that for trip to Mexico i need to check in online or i could lose the seat that i reserved , is this true do i have to check in online or can i just check in as i usually do early the morning of flight as i stay over night at the radisson .Have always checked in at the desks even last year i did so have heard if you check in online the bag drop you then need to go to is usually very busy more so than the ordinary check in desks.
also if you check in the evening before flight is that still allowed . thanks everyone xx
If you check in online you get a print out confirmation of booking which includes chosen seat numbers. For Mexico/US/Cuba you then exchange this at bag drop desk for actual boarding cards.
Yes, you can still do night before -we checked in online,then dropped our bags the night before (at Gatwick, we were the only people at 6pm!!!) -we also got our official boarding cards despite the fact that the Thomson website was saying that we wouldn't get the boarding cards til the morning!
As far as we could see, the following morning the Thomson desks seemed to be dealing with bag drops AND check ins.
Finally, I've also read that if you leave check in til the morning of the flight you MIGHT lose your seat allocation .HOWEVER, can't happen very often or the forums would be full of complaints from Thomson customers who don't check in online because they don't have a printer!!
You don't have to check in online but Thomson prefer that you do. It does also help to secure your prebooked seats as the numbers will be printed on your confirmation of check in. It's not unheard of for check in agents to allocate peoples seats to others that haven't bothered to prebook and are split up.

The bag drop is just another check in desk and shouldn't be any busier. You can't check in the night before, but if you've checked in online you an drop your bags the night before.
Can anyone tell me what aircraft this flight is?
Manchester to Burgas TOM213O. I want to know if it has tv's on the back of your seat.
I know its 3-3 seating.
amandappt,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-BOJ-MAN (TOM2130/1) are operated by Boeing 737-800. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). As this is a short / medium haul aircraft, it's not fitted with seat back screens.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Sorry for the late thank you, see this morning Thomson have excelled themselves again on TOM 2700 from Manchester 1hr 25mins late on Departure no excuse of late arrival of incoming it was on the ground at 03.15???? from Rhodes.
Flights get delayed for many reasons, not all the airlines fault, it can be anything from late arriving passengers, ATC delays, catering issues. Technical issues whilst still the airlines responsibility will usually only show an error when that system is powered up for use, something that doesn't happen when there is no one on the aircraft between 03:30 and departure...

The only way to minimise any delay is to charter or own a private jet, other than that just deal with situations as they arise, and not worry obsess over a specific flight.
Hi thank you for both replies. I fully agree that flights get delayed for many reasons however with this flight it seems to be the norm every Sunday check it out.
If my company had this quality of service we would soon lose many customers.
And I sold the private jet so I could complain about Thomson Fly!!!!!
The majority of TOM2700 flights have landed on time, a couple early, 3/4 around 20/30 mins late and a couple around an hour, which is hardly much of a delay in the grand scheme of things. Todays departed 73 mins late and is currently scheduled to arrive 45 mins late.
There's always other airlines if the delays are that much of an issue? I flew Jet2 to Rhodes last year.

Darren
In the grand scheme do you think Thomson Fly would allow you to check in if you were that late I think not.
But I suppose they have your money so accept what they give?? As I put if my business gave such service I would not have it long.
I understand that delays happen but check this flight its the norm to be delayed to be as you have pointed out in your reply.
qatarman,

I understand where you are coming from but what do you want Thomson to do? It's not like they delay flights on purpose nor are they the only airline that have delays. If you don't like their service or punctuality, use a different airline?

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.