Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren :)
Something a bit different for you ...................

Looking at flying with Thomson from Amsterdam on the 787-8 Dreamliner, I assumed all Dreamliners would be the same seat pitch but according to http://www.arke.nl/vliegtickets/services/zitcomfort/ who are TUI's Netherlands company economy is only 76cm (30") ?.

Thanks, Jeff :)
We are flying to Cyprus on the 6th September from Manchester on the 787 Dreamliner, can anyone advise will the IFE be working for the flight.
jeff1106uk,

They aren't Thomson. They are sister airline Arke Fly who are a different airline with their own air operators certificate and cabin configurations. In the UK, we've had more spacious cabins for some time compared with European charter airlines.

Darren
qatarman,

There's IFE on the short haul 787-8's.

Darren
Thanks Darren, looks like PE if we go then :)
Does anyone know when the Thomson flight extras site will be up & running again? It has been down for weeks due to an upgrade apparently.

As my flight is after 1st November it won't let me access the booking but the time for selecting my seats is in 2 weeks time. Seems a rather excessive time to not be working by now.

Thanks,

gaz
gaz68 wrote:
Does anyone know when the Thomson flight extras site will be up & running again? It has been down for weeks due to an upgrade apparently.

As my flight is after 1st November it won't let me access the booking but the time for selecting my seats is in 2 weeks time. Seems a rather excessive time to not be working by now.

Thanks,

gaz

Thomsons have been saying different things. The end of this month, within the next 2 weeks, mid/end September, so take your choice :( Lot's of people have already missed the 90 day mark.
Sunaddict wrote:
gaz68 wrote:

Thanks,

gaz

Thomsons have been saying different things. The end of this month, within the next 2 weeks, mid/end September, so take your choice :( Lot's of people have already missed the 90 day mark.

Just have to wait then. Thanks for the reply.

gaz
If its not up and working call them to pre-book seat numbers.
qatarman wrote:
If its not up and working call them to pre-book seat numbers.

They can't prebook the seat numbers that way either. They system just isn't working. Agents are in the same boat as everyone else as well.
Bet that's what caused the 1 hour delay again this morning to Tom 2700 Manchester to Larnaca change from 787 at last minute to 767. Pax would have been all over the place.
Better going back to the old system sticker on the boarding card if they are unable to give a service don't charge for it.
And refund Pax immediately not when they feel like it.
qatarman wrote:
Bet that's what caused the 1 hour delay again this morning to Tom 2700 Manchester to Larnaca change from 787 at last minute to 767. Pax would have been all over the place.
Better going back to the old system sticker on the boarding card if they are unable to give a service don't charge for it.
And refund Pax immediately not when they feel like it.

The system that handles it up to the end of the summer season is working fine. It's the new system that is for flights from 1st November that isn't up and running, hence anyone travelling from 1st November is currently unable to prebook seats.
I see.
On line check in will have been severally tested this morning with the 11th hour change of plane boarding passes not much good if its a different seating plan.
This online seat pre-booking and check in that is being pushed by Thomson is maybe not a good system for a Charter Airline.
What are the aircrafts operating from Manchester- paphos on the 25th October weekend flights?

Also I flew on g-TAWR which was the best plane I have ever experienced, and returned on G-FDZD which was equally as good. I do not think East Midlands airport is fit for purpose with limited car parking spaces.
Bob82,

Please quote flight numbers when requesting aircraft information.

Darren
Word of warning to anyone awaiting post November 1st Seat Selection - the facility is now available it seems.

We hadn't received any notification of being able to access Flight Extras for our November 5th flight to Cancun but after hearing of other people having success we contacted the call center who gave us a different reference to use on the site (a four digit code that isn't anywhere on any of our documentation), low and behold we can now log in and the seat maps are available - with most of the seats taken. Which when everything on the site said don't contact us, we can't do anything, you have to wait... is a bit of a kick in the balls.
We fly out to Cancun the 29th September from Manchester. TOM 168/9

Is there any way of knowing in advance if we could be on one of three new B 787 - 8 Aircraft that were apparently delivered this year ?
Why would you want to know that? When you are inside the plane they are all the same. Apart of course the ones which are used for short haul.

If you are really unlucky you might go in a 767.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.