Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
baldyman26,

They are planned over 12 months in advance. I don't have the flight schedule for summer 2016, but its historically a 763 so I'd assume the same.

Darren
Hi, I'm due to fly to Sharm on 16/07/16 TOM 0736 it said when I booked it would be a dreamliner, will this more than likely stay the same or can they change it? Also we booked what they called extra space seats do you know what rows these will be? Thanks
hi - what happens with bonded luggage please ? When it leaves the Thomson Cruise ship in certain disembarkation ports your suitcase has been taken from your cabin during the night before and put in to bonded luggage and the next time you see it is on the carousel in the UK. But after it has left the ship and been put in a container on the quayside what happens to it ? Is it removed from the container passed through a check in desk for weighing etc ? Just wondered how security of the case is maintained when you no longer have it in your possession. Thanks
HuddersfieldTourist,

It's kept in secure storage then taken to the airport and security screened like it would be if you checked it in.

Darren
thanks for that information re bonded procedure.Pleased to hear they are kept secure.

The weighing of the cases must cause havoc as if one of your party's is just over the weight limit but the other may not be they would have to find the other one on the booking or if it is a family of 4 then all the other cases.

I have seen them off load the cases from the ship and they do not keep everyone's together so they are not put in the container in pairs or whatever. How do they therefore weight check them out of interest ? Or perhaps they simply scan them all and only if it feels extremely heavy will they look in to it and weigh it ?
HuddersfieldTourist,

They all get weighted as this information is needed for flight planning. As long as it's not over by too much, they'll probably not bother about it. The vast majority of passengers are normally within the set limit. If it was within limits on the outbound, it's unlikely to be over on the inbound unless the passenger has gone mad with presents!

Darren
Thanks for the time you have taken to answer this for me !!
Average weights used unless a case is deemed to be very heavy by the baggage handlers then it is weighed.
bjones4 wrote:
Word of warning to anyone awaiting post November 1st Seat Selection - the facility is now available it seems.

We hadn't received any notification of being able to access Flight Extras for our November 5th flight to Cancun but after hearing of other people having success we contacted the call center who gave us a different reference to use on the site (a four digit code that isn't anywhere on any of our documentation), low and behold we can now log in and the seat maps are available - with most of the seats taken. Which when everything on the site said don't contact us, we can't do anything, you have to wait... is a bit of a kick in the balls.

Same thing happened to us, my wife being a nervous flyer wanted a window seat for our premium class flight to Puerto Vallarta, being told repeatedly to wait until an email arrives before booking our seats that's what we did.
I gave them one more try by phone and low and behold they said we could book our seats, I managed to get onto flight extras to see the seating map and was astonished to see that only a few seats in the centre section were available, I was not happy at all! All I asked for was a reasonable chance to book a window seat along with the other passengers but alas that was not the case...Thanks Thomson :(
Darren any news of my earlier question for my daughter, reference where is the plane coming from for the departure to cancun on 4th November out of LGW. Thanks Tonyt
Hi all been a long time since ive posted on here..hiya darren hope your well im sure you will remember me hopefully, ive booked on the thomson dreamliner next year only going majorca but i had to been dying to have a fly on her im hoping that they keep the dreamliner or and not change aircraft whats the chance of that happening?
claireg16,

Welcome back.

Unless the aircraft assigned in the day has a technical issue, it should fly as scheduled.

Darren
Hi Dazbo

Well I fly on 24 Nov on Tom4200 LGW-TFS. I know it's a 737-800, but I was wondering if you know the aircrafts previous destination prior to our flight.
Thanks.
racegirl3075,

The aircraft operating your flight comes in late the evening before then night stops. Your flight is the first of the day for that aircraft.

Darren
Hi Darren
Sorry to bother you but I am looking for the IFE for the 787 (Tom770/1) looked on your site but can only see up to Aug this year can you point me in the right direction please? sorry if this has already been asked.
Roger
Rogerdoger,

I've updated the list for you.

Darren
lancslass53,

MAN-HER-MAN (TOM2744/5) are normally operated by Boeing 767-300/ER.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.