Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
When will you know if bhx have any short haul flights in summer 2016?
Bob82,

2016 flights and availability are on Thomson's website.

Darren
Hi again Darren,

I'm flying on Tuesday 5th Jan16 from Glasgow to Jamaica on TOM722, departing Glasgow at 09:50.

I know it's a 787-8, but I was wondering if you know the aircrafts previous destination(and flight No.) prior to our flight. I know that it will also probably fly into another UK airport, prior to re-positioning to Glasgow for our flight.

Thanks.

Garry
Hi Darren,
Thankyou for your quick reply. I meant to ask if bhx have any dream liners listed on short haul flights in 2016? I've looked on the website and no bhx flights are listed as dream liners? Do you know anything about this?

Thankyou
Bob82
garry8g,

Welcome onboard :tup
The aircraft normally positions up from Gatwick. I don't know the flight number off hand though.

Darren
Bob82,

If you've looked and there are no listed 788 short haul flights, then there aren't.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the quick response again.

Garry
Hi Darren
We are off in a few weeks to Barbados on the Dreamliner Tom770, but do you know, yet, if our flight to Dubrovnik in Sep out of BHX Tom7410 has any chance of also being a 787. Thanks again
Rogerdoger,

The 787-8 is too much aircraft for Dubrovnik. It's normally a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren thanks, once again, for your reply I am a little surprised what you say about Dubrovnik as I think the first Thomson 787 touched down in Oct 2014. The reason I asked was that when were there in Sep last year we noted two, one from Manchester and one from Gatwick and whilst on the cruise spoke to some passengers who said they had not expected to be on that plane so just wondered if they may be starting a service from BHX.

Anyway
Thanks again Roger
Hi Darren,

Flying MAN - TFS August 15th 2016, 9.00, TOM 2106, returning 29th August, 14.30, TOM 2107. Could you advise which aircraft is scheduled please and if possible which rows don't have window seats.

Thanks

Gedderman
@rogerdodger -don't think Darren was suggesting that the 787 couldn't physically land at Dubrovnik -more a case of Thomson noe being able to sell 300+ seats for the destination every week. Cruises tend to be a one off "special" flight.
Thanks for enlightening me brewerdave must have been a senior moment. Sorry Darren
gedderman,

MAN-TFS-MAN (TOM 2106/7) are operated by Boeing 737-800 usually but I can confirm it closer to the time. It's around rows 10 and 12 with no windows.

Darren
Hi do you know which Aircraft for Tom3772 DSA - ACE

Thanks
delly70,

I'll check when I'm home but it should be a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
brewerdave wrote:
@rogerdodger -don't think Darren was suggesting that the 787 couldn't physically land at Dubrovnik -more a case of Thomson noe being able to sell 300+ seats for the destination every week. Cruises tend to be a one off "special" flight.
Just to correct the information above; Thomson are able to sell 300+ seats to Dubrovnik.
In summer 2015 they operated the 787 on Thursdays from LGW and are planning to do so again for summer 2016.
In addition, they also operated the 767 on Thursdays from MAN in Summer 2015. Not sure about Summer 2016 from MAN though.
These flights are bookable on hotel based packages, and not only "special" cruise flights.
Hi all, does anyone know if they have USB ports on the 787 please
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.