Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I'm flying to Cancun on the Dreamliner ( TOM062 ) I have booked seats with extra space which I know is row 10 & 30, I have read else where about both rows and mixed reviews on them, has anyone been in these rows and if so which row would you recommend ? I know it's personal preference, just looking for some more feedback on them. Thanks in advance :tup
Row 30 has masses of legroom -but the big problem is that,particularly on the return overnight leg, the queue for the toilets encroaches and in the darkness, people bump into your legs -not ideal if you are trying to sleep.
Row 10 is bulkhead row so not as much legroom to stretch out in ,but if you aren't particularly tall it isn't a problem. On balance I'd fly in row 30 as I'm 6' 4" and need the legroom :tup
That's for the quick reply brewerdave, yeah was thinking row 30 myself was just people saying stay away from them because of the toilets, I will have my legs stretched out so people will have to step over them and I can't sleep when flying, so shouldn't be that much of a problem to me. Although i'm only 5" 8" I like to stretch my legs out as they go in a cramp after while. Thanks again that's made my mine up, cheer's :tup
So, for those of us who haven't booked extra legroom, are all the economy Dreamliner seats the same pitch?
Looking at Daz's seat plan picture linked from his signature there seems to be a whole variety all over the place!
Any info?
rhodgreen,

Unless you book extra legroom or extra space seating, the seat pitch is 33" in the economy seats.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
rhodgreen,

Unless you book extra legroom or extra space seating, the seat pitch is 33" in the economy seats.

Darren
Thanks, are there any rows without windows that we know of?
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
rhodgreen,

32 from memory.

Darren
Thank you! (going to PVR, do I remember you went few years ago?)
rhodgreen,

Yes, its a while since I went there though. No refuelling stops in SFB with a total flight time of 14 hours like it used to be since the 788's joined the fleet.

Darren
rhodgreen wrote:
So, for those of us who haven't booked extra legroom, are all the economy Dreamliner seats the same pitch?
Looking at Daz's seat plan picture linked from his signature there seems to be a whole variety all over the place!
Any info?
Since Thomson reconfigured the 787s standard economy seat pitch is 32". Extra space are bulkhead and exit rows. Row 10 bulkhead and Row 30 exit, but only seats B/C and G/H are sold as extra space on Row 30. Row 30 also doesn't have a window.

Extra legroom have 34" pitch and are Rows 31-36 all seats and Row 37 D/E/F.
Sunaddict wrote:
rhodgreen wrote:
Any info?
Since Thomson reconfigured the 787s standard economy seat pitch is 32". Extra space are bulkhead and exit rows. Row 10 bulkhead and Row 30 exit, but only seats B/C and G/H are sold as extra space on Row 30. Row 30 also doesn't have a window.

Extra legroom have 34" pitch and are Rows 31-36 all seats and Row 37 D/E/F.
Thanks for that, didn't realise they'd clawed back an inch, anyway, still an inch more than BA/Virgin I guess!
Interesting that following all of the hype and advertising about increased space on Thomson Dreamliners when introduced, they have now gone and very quietly significantly REDUCED seat pitch and so legroom. They didn't advertise that! Just like when they introduced the Dreamliner they didn't mention the fact that, compared to their previous lovely First Choice 767 aircraft, they changed from a 2.4.2 configuration to 3.3.3 - thus reducing WIDTH available to each passenger.
Here's an interesting article about flying economy on the 787, (Thomson and other airlines 3.3.3 configuration) https://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/2015/01/22/opinion-why-i-tell-people-to-avoid-flying-on-a-787/
ukbill wrote:
Interesting that following all of the hype and advertising about increased space on Thomson Dreamliners when introduced, they have now gone and very quietly significantly REDUCED seat pitch and so legroom. They didn't advertise that! Just like when they introduced the Dreamliner they didn't mention the fact that, compared to their previous lovely First Choice 767 aircraft, they changed from a 2.4.2 configuration to 3.3.3 - thus reducing WIDTH available to each passenger.
Here's an interesting article about flying economy on the 787, (Thomson and other airlines 3.3.3 configuration) https://www.runwaygirlnetwork.com/2015/01/22/opinion-why-i-tell-people-to-avoid-flying-on-a-787/
Because of the rebranding Thomson reduced the pitch to bring their 787s in line with the other TUI airlines who operate 787s.
Hi Darren,

Can you please advise aircraft type for flight TOM6756 (CWL-LCA).

Many thanks
Gc
gc,

CWL-LCA-CWL (TOM6756/7) are operated by Boeing 737-800.

Darren
Darren,

Once again, many thanks.

Gc
Hello All
This is in regards to TOM344 and TOM 345 to Dalaman, May 2016

I have Extra Legroom Seats booked. That is the seats that are at the front of the plane, NOT the extra space seats in rows 10 and 30. However these are NOT premium seats as its not a premium service on Short Haul to Turkey.

I have chosen my seats successfully online and have chosen 1 ABC and 1 DEF (they are 3x3x3 in this cabin).

I am trying to find out whether there will be any IFE on these seats and whether there is much room inbetween them and the bulkhead.
We are travelling with 2 children aged 4 and 8 and I've chosen these seats because they hopefully afford us space for the kids to move about without disturbing anyone.

ANY advice whatsoever would be gratefully received and anyone who has been in this cabin and has pictures I'd love to see them please.

Thanks in advance
Weezor wrote:
Hello All
This is in regards to TOM344 and TOM 345 to Dalaman, May 2016

I have Extra Legroom Seats booked. That is the seats that are at the front of the plane, NOT the extra space seats in rows 10 and 30. However these are NOT premium seats as its not a premium service on Short Haul to Turkey.

I have chosen my seats successfully online and have chosen 1 ABC and 1 DEF (they are 3x3x3 in this cabin).

I am trying to find out whether there will be any IFE on these seats and whether there is much room inbetween them and the bulkhead.
We are travelling with 2 children aged 4 and 8 and I've chosen these seats because they hopefully afford us space for the kids to move about without disturbing anyone.

ANY advice whatsoever would be gratefully received and anyone who has been in this cabin and has pictures I'd love to see them please.

Thanks in advance
Weezor

You got replies to your question when you asked on Trip Advisor this morning. Have you seen them?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.