America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
Once you've got the keys the properties yours for the duration. I don't think it's encouraged and their maybe a clause but who's to know?

I know when I've rented properties before indelendently they have only asked for the main persons details they don't care.
There will be a clause in the terms and conditions that will say that only people who are named on the Thomson booking can actually stay in the Villa, it's to stop subletting. ie two people booking large villa and then another three booking flight only.

It's not just Thomson all package tour companys do the same as I booked a villa for 4 one year with Cosmos and then a 5th person wanted to come, read the paperwork and so did it via Cosmos

It still brings the nett cost down per person though, but obviouly nowhere as cheap as booking a flight and letting them stay there of the record.

Its not something I would recommend doing, on various different levels, on a practical level would there be enough bedlinen, towels etc also what happens if their is a fire, burglary would they be insured, that type of stuff.
In some areas locals are not too happy with holiday visitors and will report the slightest irregularity to the management company. The safest way is to go via the tour company; after all you don;t want to risk being evicted part way through your holiday.
Surprised to hear you know you are staying in a four bedroom villa, thought accomodation was advised to you on arrival in Florida. Seems odd for two people to be allocated a four bed.

Additional people staying under the radar is a complete no-no, there are strict licensing laws in Florida and everyone staying has to be recorded by the management company. You, manco and owner would be in trouble if found out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.