Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
yes lyn this is the 3rd flight this year that ive had cancelled other 2 were to turkey and also i had to cancel that package to morocco due to all the changes so 4 in total , this is typical of my bad lucky everything always happens to me grrrrr
How on earth do they know their planes have "technical problems" that far in advance :roll: :roll: the flights not until march for gods sake :evil:
they have 5 months to fix it :evil:
thats true does seem very strange theres obviously more to this than they are letting on, they are very careful what the will and wont tell you, but all flights arent available now even when they come up with skyscanner when you go further they say unvailable, do you know of any discount codes for easyjet or bmibaby lyn that might help
no sorry cant help you there Karen .Easyjet only issue those promo codes for special promotions like the one they have at the moment for "free skis" or something like that and also they send you one if you have had a cancelled flight . A few weeks ago there was a promotion with "UP to 20% off" I booked 6 seats to sister in laws in france over christmas a couple of weeks ago and I considered holding out for a special promotion . I didnt and paid £800 for them but they are now 2 weeks later £1300 so glad I didnt wait. the only thing i will say is dont wait with easyjet because they are true to their word . the earlier you book the better price you get . the price gradually increases as the seats sell. I will have a look around for some bmi ones for you though but dont know much about them.
only other possibility I can find Karen is if you have any more airmiles or tesco vouchers to use http://www.airmiles.co.uk and you could do BA flights from heathrow for £114 + 600 miles total for 2 or from gatwick £101 + 1600 airmiles .

lyn
hi

lyn no i dont have many left as used most of them for the prague accommodation, sky scanner suggesting going out with easy jet coming back with bmibaby not sure if this is a good idea or not, ive found a discount code for easy jet starting the 22nd but if prices increase quickly then it will probably be pointless waiting oh decisions, the only other thing i could do is look for other destinations options and pay airmiles £35 for admin fees, but not sure where elsewhere would be suitable prague has everything for all ages , we loved it
Ellie - glad to hear they are now refunding so that you can now move on and rebook without the risk of them changing their mind.

I'm getting a realy bad feeling about Thomson - what do they mean by "we have a lot of technical problems with our planes"? Why planes (plural) - this started off as trouble with one plane. And how come they can't lease in cover? My local cowboy bus operator had a lot of technical problems with their buses and they couldn't use replacements for a good reason - the Traffic Commisioner restricted their licence to reduce the fleet to match the capabilities of their maintenance staff. Dare I ask whether the CAA have been sniffing around? Anyone know how to check?
Is that the "speedy" one Karen . If it is Taking a guess i would say its most likely going to be a promotion for speedy boarding that you usually have to pay for so it probably wont be any good to you. how about amsterdam . I should think plenty going on there for them and usually plenty of good flight deals around but then if you change the accomodation to somewhere else other than prague it may cost you more on the accomodation. Personally i think your probably going to be better off sticking to prague and paying the bit more.
no idea she was cagey when i questioned her , all she said was some flights have been covered with hired planes and other flights have been cancelled due to technical faults whatever that means, but what i find strange is they have cancelled all next years flights to prague from luton. worrying for me is ive got 2 more holidays booked with them , jan to tunisia and turkey whit so i hope that doesnt mean these will be cancelled too
yes i agree lyn ,prague is lovely, they have been to amsterdam that was another birthday/xmas present i paid for, lol, paying for them to go to turkey for her 21st all inc for 11 days next mth hope weather holds out, i must be mad ,deffo need help if im not booking myself hols then im booking the kids lol

just found out that if i book the flight say 1 day early or 1 day later then prices cheaper, if i can find a cheap hotel for the 1 night then might do that and give them an extra day as long as its not more than the £50 ive found so far if you follow me lol
If your going to have to pay £35 to change it any other way anyway its only going to cost you another £15 to go with easyjet/bmi. I know how you feel though . you had a bargain and thats the way you want to keep it so even an extra tenner and I wouldnt be happy ,its all part of the thrill of a bargain but I dont see a way out that isnt going to cost you money :(
steady on girl :D your budget is going up . they will need more spending money for the extra day. although having said that I bet you can book another night direct with the hotel . cant believe they would be fully booked for March
well thats true lol, ive found the hotel on some websites and its coming out megga dear , thats probably why airmiles arent doing it now lol, ill look tom spent all day and bored now
I was going to book flights with thomsonfly from Manchester to Lisbon for 3rd November (and then driving down to the Algarve) but then reading on a thread somewhere on holidaytruths that someone had had their flights changed to another carrier and flying from a different terminal without informing them until they got to the airport, I decided to air on the side of caution and booked with Easyjet from Liverpool to Faro for £165 return for the two of us. Just reading previous posts with the problems, I am glad I did this. Cheers Jayjan
I'm flying to Tunisia with Thomsons on Wednesday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :roll: As the flight is from Gatwick at 7 a.m., rather than my lovely convenient Stansted, I'm just hoping that there are no hiccups.
Hi,

Have you looked at thomsonfly from Leeds Bradford. Friends of ours flew from there to Prague last November.

Mark
no i havent but its a long way from us over 2 hrs drive
hi

update ive not had any reply to my complaint via email 5 days later doubt i will get one.
ive had to tell my daughter about this surprise which is a shame as it was a xmas present, although ive not told her where the destination is, i darent risk booking for longer without asking her could they get time off, anyway shes going to cancel a week she had booked off in feb, good job shes the manager lol, and use that , ive managed to book with easy jet from 12th -17th for £101 for both of them so not too bad although i do have to book 2 more nights for them and the hotel id booked is dear so they will have to stay in a different one for 2 nights ive found a botel which looks fun but not sure if anyone has heard of hotelsrus that seem to be the best price. this will work out the same price for 5 nights if i can get the hotel cheap enough , as a flight on the 14th as i had orignially booked but with easy jet is 149 , so need to find something for about £50 for 2 nights lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.