Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Now that you've prompted them, have they officialy advised you in writing and refunded your money yet? It's likely they will point to some clause in their booking conditions that rules out liability for consequential losses. That won't give them watertight protection but if I'd be looking at whether my insurance covers it. Your case is complicated by the fact that you are not the traveller even if they have insurance in place already. Very messy.....

Whereabouts are you? Prague seems to be a well covered destination, it must be possible to get there from somewhere else.

Another thought, you didn't book the hotel from a link on the Thomson website did you?
Oh no, not again :evil: sorry do not know about the compensation, but will be reading the replies with interest.

There was actually an item on Watchdog last night about bookings going wrong with Expedia. Watchdog were saying how booking flights and hotels separately offer us less protection :?

Really hope you get it sorted.
hi

no ive had nothing in writing or any refund only found out this morning. im midlands based im going to have a look now at other flight options, ive just contacted the accommodation site and ive been told i will have to pay £35 for an amended or cancelled hotel as i didnt book through thomsons for hotel. i have annual insurance but my daughter hasnt she doesnt even know ive booked this for them, they have insurance only for a holiday they are going to in nov, i nearly booked them insurance and car park too
forgot to mention they have cancelled all flights for 6 mths to prague from luton to do with aircraft problems so they couldnt offer me another date from luton, theres going to be a lot of unhappy people that might not even know yet
I wonder when they are actually going to inform people :roll:
Hello,

Don't know if you are aware but SkyEurope are just about to start flights from Luton to Prague. I think they are only doing 4 or 5 flights a week but it might fit in with your accommodation dates.

They seem to be quite well rated by people who fly with them.

http://www.skyeurope.com

All the best
Mark
If you're quick http://www.bmibaby.com still have some bargain fares for next March on their Birmingham - Prague service, they also go from East Midlands. The catch is you need written notification of the cancellation, it would be really annoying if you booked with someone else and Thomson suddenly reinstated the flight leaving you with 2 sets of tickets!

A couple of alarm bells are ringing about Thomsons excuse.

First, I would expect the plane to do 3 trips a day - how many were to Prague? Is another destination going to cop it as well?

Second, it's a Boeing 737 - how hard is it to short lease another? I've seen easyjet operating with planes leased in from other companies to cover for shortages.
just checked that site out but for the dates ive got hotel booked 14th march 3 nights its a lot more, only paid £95 for these flights so got them at a good price, ive found some with bmibaby and easy jet from east mids which is nearer for us so looking at that option now but still more than i paid , so ive still lost money, you would think if they totally cancel your flight and cant offer an alternative they would have to pay you compensation , i thought i had got such a great xmas present for them and now !!!
CSA not great timings from LHR seem a similar price. If you look at Skyeurope for the 13th for 3 nights price is better from LTN.

Stewart

http://secure.csa.cz/ibs/en/farequote.php?session=00001e6685c228b9f4a5ae53418da86ab8d45%7C&pricerType=AVB&psubType=1
A slight pain being LGW but nice British Airways flights a little bit more but food and drinks included.

Kind Regards
Stewart

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/fx/public/en_gb?eId=111011&timestamp=1004110707&source=original&source=continue
stewart thanks for link but the prices i got was 94.77 for both of them not each, thats why im struggling to find anything for that price on those dates, looks like im going to have to change dates and pay the £35 amendment fee to get good flight prices now, can get them day before or after its just they both have jobs that are difficult to get time off work
here is my flight details from my email

Date Flight No. From Departs To Arrives
14.03.2008 TOM 3451 London Luton 16:15 Prague 19:05
17.03.2008 TOM 3452 Prague 19:50 London Luton 20:45

For airport terminal information, please refer to the destination guide on Thomsonfly.com.

Fare details

Fare £ 11.86
Taxes & Charges £ 75.16
Baggage £ 6.00
DebitCard Fee(s) £ 1.75

Total Cost of Booking £ 94.77

Total Due £ 94.77

Switch £ 94.77
its gone from bad to worse now, not only will i have to pay £35 admin charge but airmiles have increased their prices so this hotel i booked using airmiles and cash is now about £75 extra & £35 admin to change the day even by 1 day, so looks like ill have to find dates the same as i had booked and pay more , what a nightmare
Easyjet coming in at £71 each from E.Midlands.
Pity they couldn't have gone a day earlier and returned a day earlier. BMI have flights from EM - thurs to Sunday (13th-16th) for £56 each ie £112 for the 2 which isn't too much of an increase. Good times as well :cry:

flying out Thu 13 Mar 2008 dep. 10:30 arr. 13:40 £12.99

flying back Sun 16 Mar 2008 dep. 15:50 arr. 17:05

£12.99 taxes & charges (per person) £30.25

TOTAL FARE (per person including taxes & charges) £56.23

Easyjet have your dates in at £147.96 for the 2 from EMA (might work out similar that having to alter accommodation? ) - bit poopy times though
they can go either side by a day at a push but then im into the £35 admin charge and the £95 room extra charge and thats to a hotel not so nice as this central hotel is now not available the whole of march so that increases my hol by £130 grr this was just a small xmas present turning out to be a lot more than i wanted to spend, as its her 21st in nov and thats cost me loads of money too , hubby has just told me to cancel it lose £35 and get flight refund and buy them a cd lol, what help is that
Sound advice from the Man as always. Lose £35.00 rather than pay over £100 more. Use this idea next time when say Easyjet first bring their prices out.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Oh Karen . :( Have you got "jinx" written across your forehead this year :( this has got to have been the 3rd or 4th time in a year. sounds like the easyjet flights from east midlands that lesley (starry) mentioned might be the best option. an extra £50 but at least thats all and you wont have any additional cost. I cant believe ryanair dont go to prague :?

lyn
ignore your hubby . :wink: thats the sort of thing mine would say as well. I dont tell him anything now other than what he wants to hear :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.