Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
If they are strict on no kettles then could you take one of those heating elements? It's not a kettle ;) :rofl
Only problem may well be the voltage......I know that straighteners etc dont work , neither would our camers charge up in the cabin, and we were told its becuase the voltage is incorrect for anything to heat up.......so it would be worth checking it out before you waste any of your precious baggage allowance packing something which wont work! ;) :think
Just nip upstairs in your flipflops and shorts and bring a couple of cups down. It only takes minutes.
I do that. Wife needs a coffee before she opens her eyes. :rofl
We take the insulated travel mugs with lids and take it in turns to do the morning tea run. You can order tea quite cheaply on room service too but the water is never very hot for some reason. GHDs will heat up slowly as they are dual voltage. :wave:
Only the newer GHD's are dual voltage, if they were purchased more than a year or two ago they will probably be UK voltage and therefore will not heat up properly. My own new GHD's ARE dual voltage and did heat up ok......
They say that if you use a kettle in the cabin, it sets off an alarm on the bridge and someone will come running to put the fire out! So better not do it!
I had my own hot line to the bridge last year. They rang me every day asking me if there was a fire to report. Owing to the showers being so small we tended to keep the door open (only when showering) ;)
And the steam was setting the silent alarm off. Suppose the same would happen if you fancied a sly fag. :rofl So kettle users beware. You cannot here the alarm but big Bro in the bridge knows. :yikes
Thanks for the replies. So ... I cant have a cuppa,crafty fag in the bathroom or use straightners. Wish I had booked a hotel now !!. Never mind - I am sure I will cope.
If your straighteners are old, and NOT dual votage, you can plug them in to the socket in the corridor outside your room (different voltage apparently).....hope this helps LOL
cant help with the sneaky cig or cuppa tho! :tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.