Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Lanzalad

I go on th same cruise on 21st March and have the all inclusive package,there are only so many per cruise. We were on the Celebration in Feb doing the red sea and we hadn't booked the upgrade and hoped to do so when we boarded as with other lines there are usually drinks package options that you can buy once onboard, this is not the case with Thomson. I am afraid that if you do not already have drinks included then you cannot upgrade when you board and have to pay as you go.

Hope this helps

Mo
Sorry if this has been asked before.....I used the search facility but no luck :que

My husband and son have realised that there are apparently important matches :que :que (Chelsea v Arsenal, also Man U v. Liverpool) on the day we spend at sea.....

I posted sky sports in the search facility, but no-one seemed to know the answer....will they be able to watch these matches whilst on board?
Many thanks, and apologies if the question is answered already elsewhere.

edit....LOL it has edited out A R S E N A L :rofl
When we were on the Celebration last year they showed Premiership football matches Saturday and Sunday in the cinema and also on the cabin TV. This was done by tuning the satellite in the cabin to the correct Sky sports channel. It is usually tuned to Sky News. You might have to negotaiate with the Entertainments team as to which match they are going to show. They usually choose the most popular :think
thanks for the swift response!
That should keep them happy whilst I am (fingers crossed for good weather!) sunning myself on deck! ;)
We did a cruise last September on the Celebration and quite a lot of Russian's were onboard. England played Russia on the Wednesday night and the match was shown live after a bit of a delay getting the signal. Well what an game, England did win but it will remain a vivid memory, of watching an international with away fans in the middle of the Med being served Stella. ;-)
:wow :wow :wow

Sounds fab!.......didnt know there could be russians (or any other Nation for that matter) on board......makes life more intersting ;)
We were told that due to a shortfall in sales about 350 places were sold to Russians. All well heeled!
Made it more of an international trip. :tup
Hi

There are usually a few other nationalities on board. You get some Canadians and quite alot of Swedish.
Must have been same cruise as me Nevrov( Moorish Delights),was that the Russians with all the bling,(but real gold) + designer gear.
also got chatting with Norwegians,
Johnny C
No we were on the Western Med cruise which left Palma on Sep 7.
Hi Nevrow, we were on that one from Palma with our friends from Oz. We never actually met, if you remember? We are on the Celebration on April 11th & then doing the Med. again in August with a stay afterwards. Can't wait! :cheers
Is anyone on the Celebration this week?
LOL....or are we all alone, departing Palma Good Friday?
We have gone and booked the Emerald leaving Corfu on 30th of May.

What a cruise was the Sep 7th from Palma? I was still grinning at Christmas :D
Hi all,

Things certainly seems to be hotting up in the run up to the spring/summer cruising season.

I love reading posts from everyone letting us know what cruises they have booked, or are planning to book, with Thomsons this year. I just wish I could persuade my friends to try cruising, just once, so they can see what a fab way it is to holiday whilst visiting all the places you would generally never get to see on a one centre holiday.

We're off on the 19th April on the Spirit, sailing on the Ancient Voyage itinery. I don't think this itinery has ever been done by Thomson before (although someone may advise me differently on that ;) ) and they don't seem to have it advertised again this year, so we're looking forward to a really original cruise :D Is anyone else doing this cruise?

Also like to ask anyone who is doing the Adriatic Explorer this year, as we were thinking of booking for the end of August, just how hot it was when you went? If you could let us know when you get back that would be fab?

Cheers, and hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

Jayne xxx
Hi fitzy2

My husband and i are on the Celebration leaving Palma on Friday aswell, We are flying from Doncaster. We were on the Celebration in Feb also doing the Red Sea it is great you are going to love it. We have done most of the ports of call before on other cruises and the excursions to most places are easy to do on your own so need to do the Thomson trips.

Mo
Hi MO! thanks for the advice!
See you there then ...we fly from Manchester at 7.30 a.m , and if the weather forecast is anything to by, land at a very windy Majorca at 11.30..... :really
been and got me Stugeron......LOL...was it windy last time you were on it then?
Just done a bit of packing......so getting excited now!
Raise a pint for me, I'll be in Talacre (N.Wales) sob. :cry
Hi fitzy2

Husband has to take Stugeron lol, It wasn't windy last time we where there but it was a bit later in the year (May time). Just thought i would mention about Rome, husbands been doing a bit of research and apparently as it is Bank Holiday Monday when we are there alot of places are shut i.e Vatican, St Peters and Sistine Chapel not sure about Coloseum but think most sights will be.
Our flight isn't till 14:35 so will be among the last on board. It will probably be a quick bite to eat in the Lido restaurant and a quick drink in Hemingways bar while we wait for our cases and then washed, changed and off to the show and then the sail away party.

Mo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.