Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
This cruise goes from Newcastle - anyone know what the parking arrangements are?

Thanks - Gretchen
Think of trying the Celebration next year and would like to have a delux cabin on deck six, after any suggestions to which one gets the best views.
Have taken the plunge and today booked a cruise on the Celebration for November (Colourful Coasts).

Have already done the Colourful Coasts on the Destiny before at New Year (although it visits one less island at New Year and the day in Funchal was a bank holiday so the toboggans were shut).

Every time I've been on the Destiny, I have heard people saying how they prefer the Celebration so its time to find out for myself - will be the first sailing after her November refit too so hopefully should be sparkling clean :think
Great - did I hear you say a November re fit?? WOW, this November??

We are doing the same Colourful Coasts for Christmas week on her. Where did you get the info on her being re fitted Jess?

We have done the exact cruise before on Celebration in November also, was brill, hence going again!
booked on the thomson celebration and pre booked the last cabin in room number 002 deck 9. has anyone stayed on this deck or in this room. any info greatly appreciated :)
booked on the thomson celebration and pre booked the last cabin in room number 002 deck 9. has anyone stayed on this deck or in this room. any info greatly appreciated

No, but I've walked past it! It's towards the front of the ship, just outside of the Horizons bar. This is a quiet bar as a rule so there shouldn't be too many noisy teenagers running past! The only thing I would add is that the higher you are and the farther from the middle you are, the more you will feel the motion of the ship. Hopefully not a problem but something to bear in mind.
Great - did I hear you say a November re fit?? WOW, this November??

We are doing the same Colourful Coasts for Christmas week on her. Where did you get the info on her being re fitted Jess?

I read it on here somewhere but then I also saw it mentioned on the Thomson website, hold on I'll find the link....

Found it at last: http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/features/cruise/caribbean-cruises.html
Look right at the very bottom - I don't imagine they'll do that much to it other than a lick of paint or two but at least it should be bright and clean for it!
:tup How exciting - all ready for when we sail :wave:

Thanks for that link, heard it somewhere also but wanted evidence.
thinking of booking colourful coasts on celebration end of jan naybody done this previously??
Hi and welcome to HT!

We have a 6 page topic HERE and you will get further information in our Cruise Reviews if you look at the ones dated over the winter months.

luci :wave
does anyone know which inside cabins on decks 3 and 4 have twin beds that can be converted to a double please?
also where is the best position (cabin wise) for less roll, vibration and engine noise. we went on the spirit last year in an outside cabin on deck 2 in the middle and some nights the noise and vibration was unbearable.
If you look at the Thomson website, they show deck plans which mark the double cabins.
it doesn't show twin beds though - i.e. you can't tell which ones are in an l configuration or parrellel
Oh I see - you don't actually want a double, you want parallel twins. No, sorry can't help, but from looking into open cabins on departure day, I saw very few that weren't L shaped, but that was on deck 1.
we have just booked to go on the celebration in march. we have gone for an inside cabin on deck 3/ 4 but want to prebook our cabin now.
there are currently only 3 cabins available on deck 4 and none of them have twins beds to convert to a double so we will have to go for deck 3. any recommendations for cabin numbers anyone? there are currently some available in dead centre - is there much noise and/or movement here?
We have always stayed on deck 3 - roughly in the middle where noise and movement is very minimal. The further you move towards the bow or stern, the more the movement is noticeable. Not sure about the noise, though. I wouldn't worry too much as you probably won't spend all that much time in your cabin!
the lady i've just spoken to advises me there is only one left on the deck 3 wiht twin beds that can be converted so we've gone for it. it's in the middle so hope it's ok. under reception are though :que
;) You will be fine there! We were almost there and the noise was very minimal.

You will have a super time, we have been on there twice.
does anyone know do thomson tend to rotate their staff between cruise ships each year?
we had fab waiters and bar staff on the spirit in may 2008 just wondering of the possibility of them being on the celebration in march 09?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.