Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
i can't wait! dead excited now. trying to lose a few 1lbs though as i know i'll put on atleast half a stone with all that glorious food and those cocktails........mmmmm.......
:tongue
the excursions for colourful coasts look good too so trying to save up some more money :rofl
Hi All

We will be going on The Celebration on the 26 May 2 adults and my son aged 13

I have had a look on this site but can't see what the dress code should be for my son in the dining rooms and on the formal nights. I have read that jeans are not allowed but is this just for adults or does this apply to kids as well.

Any help would be appreciated only 8 weeks to go can't wait

Regards

Steve
The formal nights are not really that formal. Some people still turn up in casual dress, probably to make some kind of point, which is a shame. I always wear a suit and tie and my son, who will be 15 this year, just wears a collar and tie - no jacket. That will be perfectly acceptable.
A smart pair of trousers /chinos and a shirt ? The dressers down do tend to stick out like a sore thumb. It's nice to make the effort I think.
The kids do make an effort although there is really no enforcement for children. My son being 14 last summer was in between and so did try to adhere to the dress code...his choice.
So he wore collared shirts for the evening meals.....with smart long shorts or chinos.
On formal night he wore a shirt and tie with smart trousers and shoes.
As for adults....we've cruised with thomson over the last two years......and most people do dress up. my husband wears a suit and shirt and tie. First time he just wore trousers with a shirt and tie and did feel underdressed. But nobody commented or restricted him. I t really is your choice as long as you have a shirt and tie on formal nights, and long trousers (all this is for the males LOL) with a collared shirt on normal nights in the restaurant, you will be fine.
for us girlies it is much simpler.

DRESS UP AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!!! Or as little! formal nights, you might like to wear a cocktail dress, I do so.......but lots wear ball gowns and lots just wear smart trousers and glitzy top.

For normal restaurant attire......smart casual is fine....eg I wore linen pants with gold sandals and a floaty top........and thats fine!

any other questions just ask!
xxxx
Hi

Thanks for the replies for what to wear sorry to be a pain but what do your sons wear on their feet with say the long shorts don't know if trainers are allowed with long shorts, with him being 13 he is also in the in between age mens trousers are too big but childrens section are too small. We have seen some Chino type pants in M&S which should fit

Thanks for your help

Steve
He could wear his school trousers? And school shoes?
My boys were 16 and 14 when we went at Christmas. They wore black lacoste velcro modern trainer shoes. They look like shoes really. All the teenagers did bend the dress rules slightly, however all looked smart. Mine even wore smart jeans ie, not the usual denim
On formal night my son did indeed wear new school shoes........other nights in the restaurant he wore nice trainers......
but dont worry too much over this, the people we had been sat with to dine, had a son who was about 11 or 12......he just wore normal shorts and t shirts......they really dont insist on the dress code for kids. :)
OK

Thanks for all your help

Steve
HI all,
cant wait now, going on Celebration next week!!!
Getting a bit excited now only 4 weeks to go :hols , I am so looking forward to this cruise :cheers .Need advice when it come to tips how much and when and who to? Any last minute tips or advice for this first time cruiser would be appreciated, :D
We will be onboard from 28/08 to 11/9, any one else doing this cruise? :que
"Need advice when it come to tips how much and when and who to?"

The great thing about Thomson's cruises is that all tips are included in the price so don't feel you need to tip anybody - it's certainly not expected. That said, a lot of people do give tips to certain crew members. How much is anybody's guess but we gave our two waiters and our cabin boy ten Euros each. Not a lot but it's the thought that counts!
we too gave tips to the waiters and the Cabin Steward. The only Tip i could give you really is to relax and enjoy your cruise, im so Jealous, came back from celebration a few weeks ago, and already wishing i was back there!!
Enjoy!!
Just got back from another fab holiday - especially loved the Croation ports. First time on Celebration but have been on Spirit so felt we had been on before! Will post review soon.
HI
can anyone tell me if you can watch CHAMPIONS LEAUGE FOOTBALL on SKY as i will be traveling on the
CELEBRATION in AUGUST 09.
Hi.

Re football on the Celebration - very hit and miss - certainly not covered as well as the Destiny or Spirit does - you may be lucky!!

Gretchen
Cannot comment on that particular line/ship, and presumably it is the Arsenal/Celtic game specifically. The secret is to get enough folk interested, and pummel the Cruise Director into showing it. Likely too that within the staff there will be some Arsenal and even Celtic supporters.

Another factor of course is satellite coverage, or lack thereof, in the area of your cruise. I recall once, but do not remember the ship, raising enough of a clamour to see a Rangers champions league game 2 or 3 years ago!

Late edit, but the first named team (from London) somehow is displaying as gobbleydegook!!
My friend and her husband has just returned from a 2 week cruise on the Celebration.
She has been on this ship before but said this time it was freezing cold every where inside the ship.
People complained and she had to wear her fleece one day even though it was 27c outside.
She said the coldest part was near the windows in the restaurant.
I just want to warn ladies to take something warm to wear on an evening!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.