Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
A lot of people stick to the same waiter and go to the same table every night. We have done that on our last couple of cruises. So it works out the same as fixed dining, in that you have the same staff serving you.
Good Evening. I've just booked a suite on Thomson Celebration going on the Ottoman Treasures itinerary. Would like to know some more about the suites as I hear they were refurbished in 2008? Are they nice? I understand the bathrooms are dated, were these refurbished on the suites? Has anyone got any pictures of the suites? Further what do you get with the premier service offered with the suite? Finally, I'm also looking to pre-book a cabin, any recommendations on which suite is best on the Celebration?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for the response!
For all those cruisers boarding this ship at the end of August, my niece has just landed a 12month contract as part of the dance team.

I have cruised on this ship twice, and a 3rd shall now be in order :cheers
Congratulations to your niece. Laine, who used to post on here, had a daughter who was part of the entertainment team and loved it.

luci :wave
Hi

I'm going on my first cruise next summer - Thomson Celebration and I'm trying to find out about the dress code. I understand the formal restaurant it has to be shirt and trousers but in the self serve would the guys get away with long jeans and polo shirt? Thank you.
Hi
You are ok in the self service with shorts and t shirt only restriction is you must have a top on and not a vest
you will have a great time and other questions just ask :cheers
Roger
My wife, mother and daughter are flying from Bristol next Thursday (2/12) to Sharm for a Red Sea Cruise and stay. can anyone tell me if it is best to get their duty free cigarettes from Bristol Airport, on the Thomson Flight or on board the Celebration. Also, any prices anyone knows of cigarettes would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Gary (on behalf of Jacqui, Bet & Heather - the smokers)
Hi,
in 3 weeks, i will be on board the celebration. does anyone know who the current cruise director is??
also, can anyone reccommend Egypt Excursions from the ship in terms of price and quality?? cant wait now!!

Thanks in advance
Martyn
Hi martyn414
Don't know who cruise director is but I did the followings trips all with Thomson as its difficult to arrange your own.
Petra was one off the most fantastic places we have seen we did the ‘full' walk past the temple down to the bottom of the gorge and had tea with the locals but take plenty of water because its ok going down but its uphill coming back and its mid day very hot you can ride back on a horse or cart but its not recommended we witnessed one tip over.
We also did the museum and pyramids which was a never to be forgotten trip recommend coffee at the café in front of the sphinx great view.
Be prepared for a long day the coach does not stop going or coming back but you do have toilets on board they do smell a bit at the end of the day so don't sit by them if pos. You can find prices etc on the Thomson web site under ports of call
Have a nice holiday and any other questions just ask
Roger
For anyone interested after a little difficulty my slideshows of the Thomson Celebration and highlights of the 'Ancient Wonders Aegean Cruise' are now on HT TV :sun2

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/2803/CELEBRATING_CROCS/

http://www.holidaytruths.tv/media/2805/ACROCALYPSE_NOW/
off on the 10/10 . any one give me tips on the excursions to Alexandria, Cairo, & Jerusalem
has these are 3 days running it will be tiring to do all 3 , any suggestions ???
any other tips welcome
ta chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.