Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Tomson Celebration
252 Posts
luci, hasnt this been covered already but..... isnt it spirit and destiny now doing med and celebration doing the fjords.someone seems to think the celebration is doing same as destiny if iv just read the forum right
yes iuv just read back and highlander seems to think celebration is doing med but im sure its doing fjords... originally it was going to be the spirit but its changed .... am i right????
I agree with you Laine. That's how I understood the routing after the changes a few weeks ago.

luci :wave
The Celebration is also doing the Iberian peninsula at the beginning of the summer and the Canaries and Morroco later on.
Speaking as someone who works for Thomson I can confirm that Thomson Spirit will be based in Palma next summer covering the western Mediterranean. Our Thomson Celebration will be operating from the UK from May and ultimately will be covering the Low Countries, Baltic and Fjord areas. Thomson Destiny will operate from Palma next summer and will be cruising the western Mediterranean. The Emerald cruise ship will be based in Corfu, sailing the eastern Meditteranean. Although yet to be confirmed, Thomson Spirit looks set to be operating around the Red Sea for next winter, while it is already possible to book Thomson Celebration's cruises around the Canaries for next winter. I know that the company were looking at sailing Thomson Destiny around the Caribbean for next winter, but I am uncertain as to whether we shall see this being actioned when next winter's Thomson Cruises brochure launches in a couple of weeks.
I am myself looking forward to experiencing Thomson Celebration's Baltic cruises next summer after having seen how popular sister ship Thomson Spirit has proved over the last couple of years in Palma, and The Emerald since it has been based in Corfu. Look out for the new brochures hitting high street Thomson shops and the Thomson Cruises website very soon.
Interesting stuff,
There is a shortage of quality berths in the eastern Med which is why the Emerald and the Seawing managed to hold the prices high.
I would have thought a Black sea, eastern med comby would be popular given the new interest in the Balkan States.

We need another UK ship in the caribean over the winter to give OV some competition, prices are holding close to 1K for two weeks which is far too high.
Just a little note for anyone who has sailed thomson before

Dropped mother in law off at Harwich on saturday on a fjord cruise and found that katie (former social hostess - emerald) and Jane (former tour rep - emerald) are on board

Just in case any of you are going on there
We are thinking about going on a Baltic cruise on the Celebration next summer. What is the weather like during August and is there lots going on, on board during the sea days?
According to the ladies, there was all the normal thomson entertainment onboard, such as the little competitions etc running all day and of course the variety of food to enjoy.

The only problems they had was the crossing from England to the coast as this was very choppy. They were a bit naughty telling people that sickness tablets were available in the shop, but the reception was doing them at half the price.

If you go via Bergen, that seems to rain alot of the time.

Sun was shining for most of the trip and with the reflections of the water, cliffs and ice, it was quite hot.
Thanks for this Andy.
I remember on the Topaz when they gave you seasick tablets free at Reception. Probably not something they want to advertise!
Thats right

On the Emerald they have been free before as well.

Hopefully this is not a sign of sneaky price increases and catches.

My mum only wanted them once out of Santorini, when the wind had got up and you have to swing a huge left turn into the wind after being sheltered in the empty volcano.

I've always found the reception excellent to assist in all things and sometimes its almost sensible to pretend you don't know something to get a good deal.

I can't anymore as they know me too well. Some of the staff on reception have been there for all my 9 cruises on the Emerald
does anyone know what trips are offered on the celebration and the prices and do they go to loro park in tenerife going for 2 weeks at easter april 7th 2 adults and 2 teenagers aged 16/15 cant wait
Hi brownetts
Yes the trip to Loro Park is offered onboard the Celebration. It is approx a four hour trip.
Adult price being £33.00 and child price £15.99.
Have the excursion book so if you want any more prices/trips please ask.
We are going on the 17th feb but we were wondering if anybody can give us any info on the temperatures as we were wondering what clothes to take during the day and also has any body been to Morocco thompson trip as we were wondering is it to the markets as we do not like markets.
We cant wait either :)
Could any one tell me if Gemma is still on the Celebration, she is one of the fabulous entertainment team,as a friend of mine is going on her next week and i told him to say hello to her as we were on the maiden cruise last May.thanks.
Hi clagy and welcome to HT!

I have moved your post into the main Thomson Celebration topic. If you haven't seen them already, we have reviews of the ship HERE

You could try putting th port names into http://www.weather.co.uk which should give you an idea of the weather. Click on the Climate tab and this will give you the averages by month.

luci :wave
Going on the 17th can anyone tell us about the trips on the cruise and the costs so we can budget. Has anyone done any of the trips without Thompson. Any details? :P
going on the celebration on friday does anyone know if it has sky sports we went on the spirit last year and my hubby seems to think that he watched a footy match that was on sky in the cinemas one day i think hes mistaken can anyone enlighten us
Definatly no sky sports on the televisions in the cabins when we went in November.
Not sure about cinema as did not visit. However kepyt an eye as to what was on and never any mention of sports. :( for your husband :lol: for you???
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.