Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I was on this "non cruise" having just come back from the Med on the Thomson Spirit, the wife and I decided to sneak off on our own to Ireland for a couple of nights and leave the kids with their grand parents.

it was never to be, Captain Alan took the decision( quite rightly) in my opinion not to sail because of the bad weather. We were disappointed, and a few people decided to leave the ship, but we decided to stay. We had a great time, no kids to worry about, we had fantastic entertainment, food and drink. A bit too much on occassions and were a bit "tired" the next morning.

We have also just recieved a letter from Thomson this morning offering 80% of what we spent on any other Thomson cruise for next year. We are regulars on the Thomson cruises so this was a great bonus, and one we will happily take up during the summer. The only problem we will have is deciding on which great cruise to take.
John
have you decided were to go yet, I have looked through the brochure but have not received my vouchers yet so not sure exactly how much we will get or if there are any conditions. If I do not receive them by the end of the week I will ring them
happy cruising She86
Hi She86,
Sorry I have not replied sooner, its a while since I visited here. I have just used the 80% discount today, and booked to go on the celebration again on the 6th March on the "Colourful Coasts" cruise.

Worked out great no problems at all. Indeed, I asked the Thomson travel agents to match the online price due to me having this discount letter to sort out and they did. They simply then deducted the £400 odd pounds we were entitled to, which now feels like a great bargain.

So now I have just got my fingures crossed hoping this time the weather is fine.
john
haven't been on line for a while myself, hope you had a wonderful time on the colourful coasts. We did that one on the Spirit Feb 2005, that was our first cruise it was brilliant,the only thing we could fault was the weather as it was not long after the Sunami and the guide in Gran canaria said it was the worst winter in his memory and he was in his 60's. In Madeira it poured with rain for the whole 24 hours so we didn't see anythng and that was the place I was looking forward to the most
the only other "cruise" we have done was October 2008 on the cruise to nowhere as you know that was great.
We have used our vouchers against the Spirit on 1st October, we go Southampton, Lisbon, Portimo, Gibralter, Almeria, Alicante, Palma and then fly home. 8 nights and we got all inclusive drinks thrown in. really looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will not be too bad in October when we go from Southampton to Lisbon. Haven't been to those ports except Alicante & Palma so will have to join a forum to see if anyone has any tips
regards
Shelagh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.