Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Sorry can't answer those questions but I do know that the one and only Nick Whiteside is on the showteam :cheers
thanks
have not heard of nick
is that a good or bad thing?
Depends how old you are she 86 :rofl The teens seem to love him ;)
we are going for my husbands 50th
have been on a criuse once before 3 years ago on the thomson spirit colourful costs February 2005. It was faultless except for the weather, it was shortly after the sunami.
I think we were spoilt as we had Richard sykes as CD and we thought he was brilliant as do many people posting here
Hi
For anyone wanting to go on the above Cruise it is on offer for £199 per person in Thomas Cook window at the momment in Sainsburys store Liverpool.
I am also booked on this 3 day cruise. We took the kids on the Destiny in the summer, so me and the missus are sneaking off for 3 days on our own. Not to sure if there will be a captains dinner, also I dont know how they will manage the compulsory safety drill. Normally this is done on the first morning after embarking during the "day at sea". However, we will be in Cork on Friday morning so not sure when it will be done.

I have never been on the celebration before, but have been on her sister ship the Spirit a number of times, and they are exactly the same. Layout, decks, restaurants etc.

We have always given the crusies on the spirit and Destiny 10/10 and I am sure this one will be the same.

Staff, Food, Entertainment will all be first class as usual. The only thing that could ruin this one for us would be the weather. We have crusied around the Med previously, so are hoping the weather is ok. The Irish seas can be rough if the wind is up.

Looking forward to it ! lets just keep our fingers crossed for the sun to shine :)
John
we are going away without the kids as well really looking forward to the break, wish it was longer
what time can you board from as we only live over the water in wirral, would like to get on as soon as able, mind you we cannot board at new cruise teminal that is a shame
just seen the weather forecast for Thurdsay it is not good there are gales in the Irish sea at the moment that is the one thing I am dreading
hope we all have a great time
see you maybe
Shelagh
We like the short cruises to fill in gaps between longer ones
this one is too far for us to travel to the ship.
Not done a thomson short one but from the others

You need to take a slightly different approach and be prepared for a full on couple of days if you want to pack things in.

There are likely to be more people that want to party and especialy if the price is good and over a weekend.

TAs on sample cruises are also likely, if in largish groups can take over parts of the ship.

If you want to do anything on board that requires bookings think about doing it early(plan ahead).

We try to get to the ships early(before lunch) to maximise the time on board.
I usualy don't believe the cruise lines on boarding times as long as the ship is in early they should be able to board early.
Hi Shelagh,

I think the official boarding is 2pm, however, I read on another board that you can get on at 12pm? So we might get down there early ourselves and see. If we can not board, we can always grad a coffee for a hour or so.

Is the cruise not embarking from the new cruise terminal? I thought it was !

Yes, lets hope the weather changes, the irish ferries are grounded today and are not sailing because of the choppy seas !!!
Dublin city centre (Oconnel St) from the docks is approx 10 - 15 mins by taxi if the traffic is clear. Dont try to walk it. You will be knackered by the time you get there. Make sure you have plenty of Euro's. Dublin has got very expensive, especially now the pound has taken a nose dive against the euro, and they are officially into a Recession.
Youll pay about £3.20 or more, for a pint of the black stuff. Yuk :yikes
Im off down there for the weekend. Temple Bar Area is a great area. Loads of pubs and irish music down the cobbled streets.
Enjoy your trip :cheers

Colin - Northern Ireland
John
the new cruise terminal is used for cruises visiting Liverpool such as Grand Princess huge ship and recently QE2 for passengers to get on and off but cannot be used to board as ther are no customs or immigration facilities. You have to go to Langton dock which is 5 miles to the north in part of the working docks not great for sightseeing or transport to the city
Colin
thinking about going on the organised tour I know they are expensive but no hassle then
we have friends who visit Dublin regularly as family live their they cannot believe how expensive it is or how multicultural
I am sure we will have a great time
Thanks Shelagh, reading the tickets always helps. Good job I read this forum or we would have been at the pier head wondering where the ship is :que

Lets hope we have a good voyage ! Looking forward to it.
Hi,
I am a reporter from the Liverpool Daily Post and am trying to find people who were due to go on the Thomson Taste of Ireland cruise.
Have you been affected by the cancellation?
Please email me on lizawilliams@dailypost.co.uk or call 0151 4722585 if so.

Liza Williams
Hi

Did this Cruise get cancelled? I was tempted to book this but crossing the Irish Sea at this time of year put me of.
It sounded really good and was a sell out.

Liz
They didn't go anywhere because of the bad weather in the Irish Sea. Just stayed put in Liverpool! Such a shame! I do feel sorry for them. It must have been very disappointing. Still at least they had the food and entretainment. See here: http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=2910
Wonder if the Captain nipped home to Birkenhead for the weekend :rofl
lol

I think you will find that the lovely captain, although originally from WALLASEY, now lives in the Highlands of Scotland!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.