Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi i wish you good luck my daughter was a rep for thomas cook for 2 years i can`t remember what it all consisted of but she said it was role playing in your groups then they seperated the groups into two rooms one which had got the job the other not, she was then interviewed on her own just general stuff like where would she like to go if she had the choice etc. Fingers crossed you get it but be prepared to work hard as i don`t think some people realise how hard and the hours you work (of course theres lots of partying also) think my daughter used to be pleased to see me visit her because if she was not working she got away from partying for a while and some early nights.
Ben

Think......what can you bring to the job

aptitude
social skills
leadership skills
working on your own initiative
teamwork
groupwork setting
childcare skills
first aid
health and safety
etc etc etc

What are you going to discuss regarding your presentation :?:
Good luck
Kazee
I was a kiddies rep for Thomsons in 2000, based at the Victoria Playa, Menorca. I can not remember much about the interview (bricking it :oops: ) but I will say during the tasks they ask you to do, think imagination. There are group tasks to show how well you are working in a team. I worked in a team of 6 kiddies reps, 3 reps and 3 entertainers! Have they asked you to prepare anything to take along with the presentation and whats it about? Alot of my training focus on imagination and getting children to use theirs. I worked in a Superfamily unit and recieved a further weeks training from Disney :shock: after the initial 4 weeks in Majorca. You need to show your responable yet fun.

Thomson really looked after us. I had my own private roon in the hotel I worked in .Roll out of bed, down for brekkie before work in 10 minutes, Brekkie and dinner unless you work in a SC unit with no hotels local then you get a food allownace. You will also get the chnce to do excursions and airport runs if they offer this servce as alot of transfers are rep-less (these were my faves) Its a truley fantastic job and would give my right arm to do it again

Best of luck and let us know how you do

Emma x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.