General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If you cant use it margaret it will just come up with an error message saying something like "unfortunately this code is invalid". im assuming the box is before the credit card details page. if it is you will be safe you wont of made a booking until they have taken your money. If it was after the credit card page i would be a bit more careful although I suspect you wont be able to use that code . the other thing you could try is ask the thomson shop to match the online price and then when they agree whip out the £100 voucher :tup
Hi
The discount code box was on same page as the credit card details, that is why I was a bit worried.
I will try what you suggest at a Thomson shop....good thinking :tup
Thanks M
Having just booked a holiday online - with a discount code off HT ta very much - even if you have entered all your details including cc it will not take payment until you click on the PAY icon in the bottom right of the page.

Before you click on it look at the top left and it will show all your costing details with a note telling you if the "discount code" applies. It is additional to the online discount.

As long as you have not clicked on PAY then you can back out of the transaction without penalty.

In my case I did because it decided to apply meals on plane even though I had ticked NO so I went back and altered it.

Hope you understand that

fwh
Margaret ,You should also be able to try that code without filling in your card details . it should either validate it in which case as FWH says it would appear in your costing or it will spit it back out ;)
here the simple and quick way to "try" the code - i know cos I've tried loads of times to check codes on thomson website ;)

pick the hol as normal go to book but you're meant to put the names in 1st - I always put forename "a" surname "a" !This saves me putting in all our names, addresses and details x 4, then you can try the code before you put in any card details and the money is deducted - or you get an invalid message at the top. ;)
Hi Thanks everyone.
I booked at Thompson shop, price was the same as online with discount voucher, and I had the bonus of requesting high floor and pool view. :D I think I read somewhere that Thomson would match same price as internet.
M
Do you know what the code is, it will help other members to get money off if it works for online bookings.
Hi, I received a voucher code for £100 off to be used instore. Like you, i wondered if it could be used online, but sadly it wasn't accepted. :(
I have also found that there is no need to put any details at all on the page when you try a discount code out, just enter the code in the box and press, and it will tell you whether the code isn't valid, or if it is, it will deduct the amount from the total of your holiday, then you either proceed with all your details or cancel, whichever you choose to do. - dotty
I just got 4% off a hotel booking with Venere.com using this code - BYR6M4J
Hi
Thomson promotional code for £100 off holidays over £1000 is 1538,
but reading previous repies, it seems it will not be accepted online...but you can try.
At first thomson shop said they only needed to know the code and not the voucher, but then thought better of it and requested the voucher.
M
The Thomson code doesn't work online unfortunately. Can I just ask please ....................... where do the £100 discount vouchers come from and can I get my hands on one ?

hi jpl,
mine just came through the post from thomson. it just started off by saying "it's been a while since you holidayed with us ..............."
I think it's just a loyalty thing.
- dotty
Hi
Just like Dotty my voucher came through the post
I think I got it as I holidayed with Thomson last Oct, and they are after more business for this year.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.