Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Thomson Dream
15 Posts
Hi been on the dream twice but not since it was refurbed to Platinum you will find it is very similar to the Celebration and Spirit there will be a formal night but not compulsory cabin sizes similar depending on grade cant remember about the hairdryer plugs did need the standard adaptor but these may have been altered not sure re voltage they only thing they didn't want you to use were irons. There are 2 pools the upper pool and the Lido both usually have some entertainment going on. I shot this video a couple of years ago hope it doesn't put you off ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDM-_uaPl3g[/youtube]
Nice crocs Nick :D Free with a cabin upgrade ?
Hi
Back from Dream in Caribbean March, our third time on Dream and have been on most of the other Thomson ships.
You do get hair dryers and the wife used to take her own but said the new ones are fine and she would not bother again.
Think vol is 120 but not certain as our equipment is multi vot.
THe upgrade to Platinum upgrade is ok but ship is still being worked on daily because its very old. You do however now have tea and coffee in cabin
The entertainment on the main deck is great (we think) and if weather is bad they close the roof.
You have one formal night per week and as nick says the cabins are ok size wise we were on deck 9
We like the Dream and have booked again for next year.
The main pool is very salty!!!
Have a nic holiday
Thanks Roger. Mr Hbrac will need to take his cream DJ then (picked it up from the Oxfam shop before our very first cruise and it's been wheeled out every year !) If they have hairdryers that's one less thing to pack. Although at a voltage of 120 my straighteners won't work.
Looking ahead to next year, my daughter decided to get an online price for the Dream. Very sneaky add ons which if you are not careful make your hol much more expensive. For example the price quoted gives you a luggage allowance of 25 kg but if you look carefully there is a supplement for the extra 5kg and you can actually choose 20kg.
Yes and if you buy the extra luggage you can only take a max of 23Kg in each case so its best to buy just one extra and spread it out, as you can only take one case each without paying for a second case but they don't tell you that :tup
I didn't know that Roger.It just goes to show you have to be one step ahead :tup
Nick...you left your crocs behind. Which one was you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3313LCOBdJc
Rogerdoger - whilst its true that you can only take 23kg max for each case, you can definitely take more than 1 case each, without charge. I phoned Thomson today re this.
Not seen that one before hbrac :tup Looks like the quickest way to tour the ship :wave:
Hi denny.53
I can only say what happened last year at BHX with some friends, we were ok as we had booked premium they had only 20kg so booked the 5kg extra and split the weights into three cases but at the Thomson check in they were charged for the extra case, it may be that Thomson have changed it now as this was Feb 2012
If you go online to Thomson FAQ it tells you there - and its been the same for the last few years. Thomson can't charge you for an extra 5kg and then not allow you to take that amount.

E.G. If you were a single passenger with 20kg allowance and you then bought the extra 5kg, there would have to be a way you could take that extra 5kg without charge.
Anyone been recently ? Sometimes there is a socket in the corridor for 220V.Would love to take my Babyliss Big Hair rotating brush but may well have to have small hair. :D Any tea making facilities in the cabins?
Hi hbrac
Yes you do get tea and coffee now in cabins sockets outside for cleaners etc but don't know if they are 220v.
We are on her again in Sep :cheers
Thanks Roger ,so we don't need to take our travel kettle? Just asking as daughter takes a hot water bottle for back pain. That would save luggage weight if there's one already there rather than one of those sticks you put into the cup of water to heat..

Also Mr hbrac asks whether you can use your own Wifi on the ship.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.