Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
If the price was similar I would go for thomsonfly :D
Comfort wise they are very similiar, typical cramped seat pitch unless you want to upgrade to exit seats.

Regarding safety they both are governed by the same rules and flying is the safest way to travel.

Dave
:D

They are both similar priced i have found? Are they Charter or Scheduled? Which is better? I used to drive abroad as i am so terriffied! But we are going to Menorca this year and can't drive there!! :shock:

Many thanks

Claire
Both charter I believe . Thomsonfly are part of "thomsons" . one of if not the biggest Tour operator. XL mostly flights . I have never had any problem with thomsonfly but this year we used XL and had big delays both ways although plenty of people use them regularly and have no problems. having said that cabin crew and service on board was great but i dont believe Xl,s customer service have a good reputation. for comfort I dont think there is any difference.

If I was basing this on reliabilty record I would choose Thomsons

there are discussions on both in the flight forum :D
I have travelled on both Thomsonfly and XL recently, and found both to be perfectly fine for what we needed. Both have leather interior which was confortable (much more than First Choice short-haul in my opinion) and the usual in-flight entertainment. I've booked to go away to Benidorm in July this year, and chose XL once again, mainly because of the price, but I also found their booking process to be very quick and efficient. Delays happen to all airlines, so i think which ever you choose you will be fine with.
Enjor your hols in Menorca! Flying is way much fun than driving :wink: !
Suddy
cosmicbabe,

It depends if you're talking short haul or long haul. For long haul, TOM wins hands down with their new cabins, its a no-brainer. Both have good safety records so that doesn't really enter the equasion. Short haul is a little more complicated and you'll get a variety of opinions based on personal experience. TOM have the better punctuality record. Personally, I'd choose TOM over XL if money doesn't come in to it. In my experience, XL can be just as, and in many circumstances, more expensive than TOM.

Darren
Hi Darren,

It is only short haul to Menorca.. I have left it so late to book now as we are going in 8 weeks that the only seats left are with Excel (with good times anyway). So think i will be booking with them today!

Many thanks

Claire :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.