Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
they do the same with everyone, although i can understand you feeling annoyed because you are ex staff.

personally i would write again and thell them that if you dont receive a satisfactory response you will seek legal advice.

in the meantime, why not give ros fernihough (travel law solicitor) a ring on 01922 705134 and ask her advice.

good luck

kath x
I agree with Kath. They treat all complaints the same. Their customer service is not the best!

We have an ongoing complaint with them which started in March this year. They never fully answer specific points. They were still telling us that no-one else had complained even after they had already compensated one couple. They have not responded to the court summons and the paperwork has just been sent advising the court of this.

All I can say is keep pushing them to reply. If they only gave reasoned responses to earlier correspondence they could save themselves a lot of trouble.
I think this problem with the seatback screens is quite common. It has happened to us twice, once with Thomson and once with another airline. They try rebooting but it doesn't work and after that they wash their hands of it. It never occurred to me to pursue it though. I think that is why you got that attitude from the cabin crew - it happens all the time so they don't care.
Add to that the fact that i felt concerned about the entertainment teams attitude around the teenage girls on complex.

I'm afraid to say that in my experience this is very common in many of the hotels in the DR, I wish more people would report it to the management, but, and there's always a but, the behaviour of some of the older teenage girls left a lot to be desired.
In one hotel I witnessed a 13 year old girl engaged in sexual behaviour with one of the staff, when I told her parents the father threatened me and told me I had a filthy mind, maybe shameless has invaded the DR. :( ( I did inform management of this staff member but he was only warned off not sacked)
AFAIK in-flight entertainment is not guaranteed, and doesn't form part of the contract with them, and they are not liable to refund you at all.

Unfortunately this happens far too often and i've had it many times on long-haul flights, so now I take sufficient gear (laptop / books) and presume they will not work!
I also would write again. For the poor in-flight experience I would have thought £20-£25 per person likely to be offered (probably offered as a travel voucher).
I'm sure I was awarded £20 per person when the seatback entertainment did not work on a Virgin flight to Florida. I got this some years ago and did not have to fight for it, as such, it was given after my first letter. They make such a big deal about in flight entertainment in their brochures when you go long haul, its very disappointing if it doesn't work, especially if you have been giving it the 'big sell' to your kids.

I would write again.
Hi, I think I would just keep on writing to them and maybe get in touch with Travel Watchdog and see what they can do, also your insurance company ask them for advice.

On another note I have a problem and I havent even gone yet. Its about luggage weight. We booked for a cruise on the internet and when tickets arrived said 25kg luggage weight, so emailed them to ask if 25kg case, 5kg luggage or 20kg and 5kg, they emailed back to say 25kg and 5kg. Lovely, then received an email to say no its 20kg and 5kg, go into local shop and they say no 25kg and 5kg. Now we just dont know. Carol
just to add a note that wether its 20kg or 25 kg, thomson have just advised me that no one piece can weigh more than 23kg (health and safety reasons).
Do you mean 32kg? That is the H&S amount not 23kg.
yes it is definitely 23kg, but you can take as many cases as you want :tup
First Choice have had the 23kg rule for the last couple of years, now they have merged with Thomsons and have now applied this to all Thomson holidays.

Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.