General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Agree with Kiltman at least it was just a hundred it could have been a lot more always do your researc away from the shop. Perhaps you wont have this problem in future I have just booked a cruise online as my local shops are under orders now to charge a £25 admin fee if they match the online price, wonder how long before we see the shops disapear from the high street :(
Thank you both Kiltman and Nickmac for your reply's.I thought as much but might be worth a punt on social media to see what they say and if and how they justify it.

It's the only industry to get away with it and the level of customer service was not the warmest welcome either which makes you think they do not want people to go into the high street at all.
I booked this years holiday to Sicily in early December 2013. A few days later I got an email from Thomson giving a good discount for 2014. I rang up to see if I could get the discount but the computer said no.

It puts you off booking early.
The same thing has happened this year. I booked a holiday to Santorini with Thomson and next day got an email with a discount. I know they want me to book another holiday, but it makes me cross.

Has anyone noticed how poor the new Thomson website is? I think the old one was much easier to use.
Agree the main Thomson site is not as user friendly as before, the cruise section still has the old format but not all the drop down menus seem to work. :que
Even with a fast internet connection ,the new site hangs/freezes!
Qman wrote:
The same thing has happened this year. I booked a holiday to Santorini with Thomson and next day got an email with a discount. I know they want me to book another holiday, but it makes me cross.

Out of curiosity what is the time limit on the discount?
Qman wrote:
I booked this years holiday to Sicily in early December 2013. A few days later I got an email from Thomson giving a good discount for 2014. I rang up to see if I could get the discount but the computer said no.

I posted earlier in the thread about the way the prices increased after booking. Well it’s happened again this year. My other half (with nothing better to do) spotted a deal for a week half board early in the season at a silly price (£257 to be precise) Within probably a week it had doubled. So if you lookout early, there are still bargains to be found (early being 6 months in this case !!!)
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Qman wrote:

Out of curiosity what is the time limit on the discount?

Sorry I can't remember, I've deleted the e mail.

There's nothing worse than booking a holiday one day and then getting a discount code the next. Are Thomson trying to annoy me? If they are they are succeeding.

I still have trouble with their holiday site. Why do they make it so difficult to choose where you want to go to and from which airport?
scoop wrote:
Qman wrote:

I posted earlier in the thread about the way the prices increased after booking. Well it’s happened again this year. My other half (with nothing better to do) spotted a deal for a week half board early in the season at a silly price (£257 to be precise) Within probably a week it had doubled. So if you lookout early, there are still bargains to be found (early being 6 months in this case !!!)

I booked last years holiday 9 months before it. Three months before it I could have got it cheaper from Thomson. So it doesn't always pay to book early. But what I like about booking early is you can get the hotel you want and the extra legroom seats.
Qman wrote:

Has anyone noticed how poor the new Thomson website is? I think the old one was much easier to use.

Me, I really dislike it now :(

Certainly wouldn't idlely surf on it, and even loathe to use it for serious searching.

It amazes me have these big companies can get backwards in their web design.

The Portland website 10 years back was simple and fast, much better than what we currently have.
Arrr Portland, that takes me back!
Qman wrote:
Arrr Portland, that takes me back!

:rofl making me feel old. It was so simple you could get the price of a holiday after four clicks and what we have now is supposed to be progress. :que :really (bit like auto correct on these tablets, that changes your decent spelling to gibberish).
I've been looking on Thomson's site for March and I can't see anything wrong with the new site - I like it, everything is laid out more clearly :que

Sanji x
When you know which airport and which Greek island you want to go from it is difficult to get where you want. It is very badly done.
I like going Thomson, but if I didn't I would go with another firm. I always say if the website is rubbish, don't waste your time, there are better ones.
I've looked at the Thomson site several times in case I'm missing something, but it is still as bad as I thought before. I am used to going on websites by the way. So if I find it difficult it's God help some folk.
It never wants to take my airport info. I insert it move on to the next box meanwhile the airport has disappeared and it chucks me to some random airport that's nowhere near me, so I go back to re-input the airport then the destination I want to go to has disappeared. :que I'm surprised some unsuspecting person has not ended up going from the wrong airport. Can't be bothered with it anymore. Glad I now mainly DIY and use BA flights at least their website works and then I can book accommodation separately. Totally frustrated with it - I think it is the 'tablet' site.
I've just done a couple of dummy bookings using my tablet & it works fine. :tup
I found it great when I booked my cruise last week right up to the point where it asks for my details then it always came up with website experiencing difficulties please ring this number((((
ended up booking over the phone.
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I've just done a couple of dummy bookings using my tablet & it works fine. :tup

Perhaps it doesn't like Apple.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.