Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Don't know about Thomas Cook, but if you are thinking of booking a Thomson holiday it is worth checking the price with their sister company http://www.portlandholidays.co.uk as they are often cheaper for exactly the same holiday. Although they don't carry all the hotels and apartments that Thomson do.
hi its just the flight i am interested in because we have a villa booked already thanks :lol:
They both use the same aircraft in the same configuration. Personally i think Thomas Cook has the edge of Thomson because Thomson is a low cost airline.
hi sunjunkielil,were are you fling from?kev
manchester thanks
is it 3 -3 or 3- 4 -3
3 - 3, both airlines have the same standard legroom at 28"
have used both on short haul this year nothing to choose between them
either will be fine

wizard
because Thomson is a low cost airline

Since when ? They're a Charter Airline predominately but they do have Thomsonfly which operates out of Coventry to Euro city destinations to compete with the "No Frills" airlines.

All they've done recently is amalgamate the webiste into one when booking flight only.

But there's no way they could be described as low cost :roll:
Thomas Cook operate in exactly the same operation as Thomson but without the No frills section
Thomsonfly is one company, it is a low cost airline with all the things that goes with that including the paying for meals, pre booked seating and cheaper flights allright its got a better service than Easyjet or Ryanair, the TUI groups website even states this and i would go and check there before you make any comments.

The only routes which they are not classed as low cost are the long haul routes, if there were two seperate business e.g Charter and Low cost they would have to use different flight numbers.
I know exactly who Thomsonfly are thanks and I know the website inside out as I fly so regularly with them, oh not forgetting that I worked for them at Newcastle Airport for 8 years :roll: If your right then ALL the charters must be low cost because they all chrge for meals etc. seperatly now....didn't you know ?

My point was you can't lump Thomson with the no frills because they're not, apart from the Coventry flights as stated previously. They're a Charter airline and always have been.

Please don't use threatening behaviour towards me in your post

"and i would go and check there before you make any comments"

This site is all about making comments it's a forum :idea:
You completely missed out Bournmouth and Doncaster, Manchester, Gatwick, Cardiff, all have low cost flights now.

UK's third largest airline Thomsonfly has today announced that its entire flight programme from 26 UK airports will be sold at low fares for Summer 2006.

My point made entirely.

"Thomsonfly the low fares airline that goes further" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh for goodness sake you missed the point I give up.......what are they going to call themselves the high cost airline :!: :!: Of course not.

They're a CHARTER airline who also have some low fares and also operate Euro flights against the NO Frills ailines like EJ, Ryanair and BMIBaby........come to think of it BMI are another exact example of my point, Baby = no frills BMI same company not no frills. You lumped Thomson with those type airlines and they're catergorically not

End of..
Please folks .... keep discussion friendly !!

David :wave
i just wanted to know who were the best to fly with :?
Probably very little in it, I would go with the one that gives you better flight times or films (if you can find out what they are) :wink:
They're a CHARTER airline who also have low fares and also operate Euro flights against the NO Frills ailines like EJ, Ryanair and BMIBaby........come to think of it BMI are another exact example of my point Baby = no frills BMI same company not no frills. You lumped Thomson with those type airlines and they're catergorically not

Totally agree.
I've flown 3 times this year with Thomson on package holidays to Spain, so I guess you will class that as short haul :roll: and each time the aircraft has been a boeing 757/767 ?, def with a 2-4-2 seating configuration.

Now should I decide to book a flight from Doncaster at a no frills price, then no doubt the aircraft will be a 737 with a 3-3 seating plan....just like the other type of aircraft the no frills companies use.

Sanji x
actually its common to be a B767-300 with 2 - 4 - 2 or a B757 with 3 - 3 and again its just as common for the B737-300/500 to be used on charter routes from Manchester.
Thomsonfly Definetly We flew In march with thomson Very Great I was realy inpressed We flew To Lanzarote. Then On August the 12 this year i Flew with Thomas Cook to majorca wasnt Impressed Legroom was good But the plane Seemed dull And the Entertainment Screens were Cheap obviously or they needed to be brightened up a bit Not recommended.
Personally, i prefer Thomas Cook Airlines as opposed to Thomsonfly. We usually travel with Thomas Cook Airlines, as we book with Thomas Cook and have never had any problems, having flown with them to Palma, Alicante, Tenerife and Reus, this being the first year we booked with someone else (being First choice and we were not impressed!!). There aircraft comprise of B757-200/300 and A320 on short haul routes, and having been on all 3 type aircraft, they have been very clean and comfortable, with reasonable legroom. Also, in flight meals of a good standard and very nice, and to cap it all off, friendly in-flight cabin crew!

Would highly recommend

Suddy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.