Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thomsons dropped the extra payment for holidays on a Dreamliner. Nothing in this summer season had a supplement added. Aircraft type are never guaranteed with any airline, unless like Ryanair they only operate the one type.

Their website is still stating when flights are planned to be operated by a Dreamliner. Holidays say '787 Dreamliner' plus it shows the Dreamliner logo next to the flights when choosing flight options. Flight only display the Dreamliner logo and it says under it Thomson 787 Dreamliner. Nothing on their website has changed in that regard.
A Dreamliner recently made an emergency landing on one engine mid Atlantic after engine failure. The stranded passengers had to wait hours for a rescue plane. Are you sure you want to fly on a Dreamliner?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/dreamliner-involved-dramatic-emergency-landing-7595636
I thought the Dreamliner was only being used on the Long Haul Flights now, I thought it was used in the early days before properly being used in the fleet to Egypt but not permanently? My son is travelling on the Dreamliner next month and I am the month after, we are both going long haul though.
Frank wrote:
A Dreamliner recently made an emergency landing on one engine mid Atlantic after engine failure. The stranded passengers had to wait hours for a rescue plane. Are you sure you want to fly on a Dreamliner?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/dreamliner-involved-dramatic-emergency-landing-7595636

It didn't have engine failure. The captain shut the engine down because of a low oil pressure indicator. They subsequently replaced the gearbox.
Miss Pink wrote:
I thought the Dreamliner was only being used on the Long Haul Flights now, I thought it was used in the early days before properly being used in the fleet to Egypt but not permanently? My son is travelling on the Dreamliner next month and I am the month after, we are both going long haul though.

GLA-SSH was scheduled on a Dreamliner (up to mid/end of July) and just a few flights on it from LGW-SSH from memory.
Dreamliners are being pulled off several routes, we have booked to fly to Jamaica in January and originally it was to be a Dreamliner which was a good selling point and part of our decision to choose this particular holiday however it has already been changed to a 767 :(
Sunaddict wrote:
Frank wrote:

It didn't have engine failure. The captain shut the engine down because of a low oil pressure indicator. They subsequently replaced the gearbox.

Oh that makes it all right then, the passengers were terrified for nothing! :rofl
A quick oil and filter change , some new wipers .....and off you go :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.