Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomson / TUI
727 Posts
We book online and the API booking reference is about halfway down the confirmation email. The other reference (2xxx/xxxxxx) is actually referred to, as the "Manage my Booking" reference.
Thank you Dave.
All sorted very difficult the wife in the UK me here in Qatar any way she found it ( if had been a tenner there would have been no problem!!!)
Thomson Holidays, if you are looking at this................Why is your web site so user unfriendly?

The old site was much easier to use.
I've just been wading through the awful website again and found that my already booked holiday to Santorini in July has gone down by £150 each.

Why do I book early, only to find prices drop? I think Thomson should drop the price for customers already booked as their costs have gone down.
wow qman your lucky our 18 night cruise has gone down by almost £400 wish we had hung on too (((
My holiday to Santorini has gone down from £1050 each to £835 each.

I'm cross about this and will not be booking early ever again.

When I booked in the autumn they said they had only 2 rooms left. They have still got 2 rooms left! Very odd.
perhaps its the same 2 rooms still left makes sence why the price is coming down because no one has booked them ?? or maybe im just being too trusting in the holiday companys )))
I think its a con this only x number of rooms left been looking at the Iberotel Palace in Sharm and its had only one room left for 3 weeks !!!!!! Come on Thomson were not all daft are we????
They do the same with extra space/legroom seats on the plane -I was looking at a holiday for Feb 2016 - only 2 extra space seats left -I don't think so !!
Well my early booked trip to Santorini has cost me an extra £550. Now I find my car hire for a trip to Spain in June would be £60 less if I hadn't booked early and the hotel would have been £100 less.

I'm never booking early again.
Qman wrote:
Well my early booked trip to Santorini has cost me an extra £550. Now I find my car hire for a trip to Spain in June would be £60 less if I hadn't booked early and the hotel would have been £100 less.

I'm never booking early again.

Have you booked your car hire with Thomson's/TUI? It's just that I booked a car online yesterday and there's a free cancellation policy.
Have you booked your car hire with Thomson's/TUI? It's just that I booked a car online yesterday and there's a free cancellation policy.

No, I've booked with Rentalcar.com, I've paid £35 deposit. I would still save by cancelling and then rebooking but I can't be bothered for a small amount. I rang them today and after waiting 10 minutes I gave up!

The hotel is on booking.com and there were only 2 rooms left when I booked in October. There is one today remaining and the price has gone down. I can't cancel this one either.

I always study my holidays carefully, but this time I've failed dismally. I reckon I'm paying £750 too much for two holidays. It's funny on the Thomson terms and conditions there is a bit where they can charge you extra if costs go up. But when costs come down it's tuff t*tty.
As a single traveller I normally book all my holidays (and I do take a LOT) crazy early.
Elsewise one finds things are just not available because most Tour Ops (with the possible exception of lovely little Jet2) seem to hate single travellers and try to make their lives hell.
And I always do the thing we should never do, and often go back and check prices – usually they go up, so I usually feel quite smug.

However this year is a bit unusual. The UK pound has been having a pretty good long run, but the wheels have completely fallen off the Euro. It is a very different year from normal.

I’m guessing that the advantageous pound/euro exchange rate has given the big tourops the opportunity to drop prices.
And TUI have done so – probably not from the goodness of their sweet little hearts – more likely because they sense the opportunity to damage their competitors of which there are, sadly, far too few these days.
Yep and still " only one room left " at the Iberotel Palace in Sharm. Taking some selling is it not????
For the last few days I have been unable to add anything to my shortlist of Thomson holidays. There is usually a "Save" button on the page with the hotel description, under the "Continue" button
but it doesn't show up when I search for holidays any more.

And no, my shortlist is not full.

Has anyone else had the same problem?
Is it likely to be due to my browser (Firefox) or the website?
thanks
I got an Email from First Choice this week letting me know that "by popular demand" they are returning to Cuba in 2016. I guess this will please lots of folks on HT - including myself!
ukbill wrote:
I got an Email from First Choice this week letting me know that "by popular demand" they are returning to Cuba in 2016. I guess this will please lots of folks on HT - including myself!

Isn't it just LGW-VRA though?
Sunaddict wrote:
ukbill wrote:

Isn't it just LGW-VRA though?

As far as I can see -so no return trip to Pesquero for us :cry
I see Tui are intending to phase out the Thomson and First Choice names. I’m a bit disappointed as I always felt that the brand name set them aside from the main “corporate” identity. I wonder if we will see ant further changes ?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.