Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomson / TUI
727 Posts
I wasn't happy with the price when I booked. We are going to a wedding in Santorini so that's why I booked early.

If Thomson's costs go up they can increase their prices after booking. So why not reduce prices when costs go down?

I will never book early again.
Our only reason for booking early is if we want to guarantee a flight from our local CWL airport on a fixed date. Once booked I try not to look again - can be thoroughly depressing :cry
Qman wrote:
I wasn't happy with the price when I booked. We are going to a wedding in Santorini so that's why I booked early.

If Thomson's costs go up they can increase their prices after booking. So why not reduce prices when costs go down?

I will never book early again.

We've had a couple of VERY good deals over the last year where the prices have increased (considerably|) after booking and have never had to pay any extra.
Have just priced up flight only from local airport to Greece for next June .....and its coming out quite a lot more than a basic self catering 2* package !! -Is there anything in t & cs to stop me booking a package, flying to Corfu then telling the airport reps that we won't be using the accommodation/transfer ??
That is what I did brewerdave. I told the rep at the airport and went my own way with no problem at all.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.