Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
If the holiday is on Thomas Cooks website ask if they will match the web price.
They offered to do this for me on Tuesday when booking a Thomson holiday.
If they agree ask for a printout and go to Thomson/First Choice and ask them to match it.
Sorry didnt read your post correctly,I didnt realise you had already booked.
Both TC and Thomson will try and beat each others prices.
I always ask them to match the web price.
If they dont I walk out the door. :rofl
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2011-02-18 19:28:10
i think needs this moving as Santa Eulalia is in ibiza.you should of booked last month as t/c were giving £50.00 off plus knocking loads of the original price.mine was £904 then £1003 i got it on voucher day for £860.00.sorry to have told you about this.

but you really should of tried to price match it in shop.
Apologies - correct, this should have been on the Ibiza discussion pages. What was I thinking of ?

My most recent Homer Simpson moment :duh

I did shop around online and the High Street for price comparisons and (thanks to Marks & Spencer Travel Club) I eventually got the best offer of just under £700, includes "free" in flight meals (no big deal) and 20kg hold luggage each plus no credit card surcharges.

No complaints.
I can move the topic to the Ibiza forum as that is your destination, or to the Tour Operators forum which may be more appropriate as you are discussing Thomson/First Choice prices ??

David :wave
Decisions, Decisions !! :hmmm
Okay, we will try Tour Ops. ;)

David :wave
I have just booked a Thomas Cook holiday and checked prices with Direct Holidays, Thomas Cook and surprisingly it came out quite a bit cheaper with Thomas Cook Style Collection.
I was very happy with the price ;) The Style Collection include meals on the plane and 20kg luggage. If anyone is booking a TC holiday, definitely check the TC Style Collection website as well. :)
My friend told me about this last year Lesley and must admit i'd completely forgotten . I've just looked at their website to check what my hotel is coming out at (As you do) . I can see they do Mexico but the search box only gives me an option of villas/ flights .

Maybe something wrong with the website tonight . :think
The hotel in question is the Sol Ibiza - I found it easily enough in First Choice "Summer Sun" brochure (classed as a Premier and Adults accommodation) and checked prices online.

It wasn't to be found in Thomas Cook's "Summer Sun" brochure, however, it did appear on their website - with the TC logo (this identifies the tour operator) in the bottom right corner of the box.

This prompted a visit to the local TC branch to enquire - it was there that I discovered their "My Style" brochure, something I was unaware of until then.

What I have learned is that it seems that not all properties are included in brochures as well as online, so it pays (literally) to cross reference.

Wouldn't it be convenient if Thomsons and First Choice could amalgamate all their regular holidays into one single brochure - and Thomas Cook likewise with Airtours ?
Wouldn't it be convenient if Thomsons and First Choice could amalgamate all their regular holidays into one single brochure

Hi macalloa,
It would be convenient for customers as you suggest - but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the tour operators objective.
On the specific you mention - the Sol Ibiza - you also need to look at Direct Holidays - the Thomas Cook pure internet selling organisation - they market this hotel, and have yet another brochure, and their own website.
They are a little like the TUI Portland company - which is currently being killed off, thus losing customers the previous benefits of up to 15% discounts. It's apparently to provide "better customer service" - but anyone comparing prices over the years sees the real reason.
However Direct Holidays STILL (oddly) provide even better benefits than their parent Thomas Cook - Direct give you 20kg of luggage instead of 15kg AND include in flight meals as standard, and often at lower overall prices!
They are a little like the TUI Portland company - which is currently being killed off, thus losing customers the previous benefits of up to 15% discounts. It's apparently to provide "better customer service" - but anyone comparing prices over the years sees the real reason.

.....and what First Choice did to Eclipse Direct (before the Thomson take over) ...always used to come in £££s cheaper than First Choice itself.
Hi macalloa,
It would be convenient for customers as you suggest - but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the tour operators objective.
On the specific you mention - the Sol Ibiza - you also need to look at Direct Holidays - the Thomas Cook pure internet selling organisation - they market this hotel, and have yet another brochure, and their own website.
However Direct Holidays STILL (oddly) provide even better benefits than their parent Thomas Cook - Direct give you 20kg of luggage instead of 15kg AND include in flight meals as standard, and often at lower overall prices!

Thanks for the heads up - I had overlooked Direct Holidays.

As you say, it's very strange that they might be able to undercut their owner organisation.

I've just checked the Direct online price for 11th May (to provide an example) to compare with TC's regular website. It comes out at £300 per person the week, whereas TC is £426 - and as you point out includes in flight meals and the 20kg luggage allowance. There are no dates left now for the dates we booked, however I suspect Direct would have been significantly cheaper.

A saving of £252 on a 7 night holiday is very significant !!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.